Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is worse?
I don't wanna start a thread riot or anything, I'm just looking for some opinions...

The main things that concern me are this:

1. Friends with benefits
  2. Sex on the first date
  3. F*ck buddies

I ask because I jumped back into online dating - and as per usual, the first things on my mind are this:

When someone wants to be friends, their intentions aren't always clear. Which is where FWB comes into mind. Then there's the guys that act rather horny but are all for dating - and I keep a safe distance away when dating guys like this. I don't know much about f*ck buddies, but what the heck are the differences between FB and FWB?

I have no idea what the difference is. As for "which is worse", that's probably up to you. For me the worst ones would be 1 and 3.

1) Friends with benefits - Friends who have sex together.
2) Sex on the first date - Pretty straight forward, having sex on the first date.
3) F*ck buddies - Doesn't have to be a friend, could be someone you've just met, who you continuously meet up with for sex.

I think three is probably the worst, but I agree with solemn in saying one and three.

2 is nothing. Have done many times and enjoyed many times. (I used to be a slut, what can I say?)

1- I have never understood. A "friend" to me is like my family. I could NEVER think of a friend in a sexual way. My mind just doesn't work like that and does a total shut down.

3- I don't personally have anything against this idea, except that it REALLY diminishes the sexual act to a physical function. There's none of the emotional attachment of 1, and none of the thrill of conquest of 2. So, in my mind, it has the least going for it.

I can say that none of these really appeal to me, but I would agree that 1 & 3 appeal to me the less the 2

They are all pretty bad, and I don't do them. I tried two one night stands just so I know if I like it or not, and my conclusion is 'not'.

Of the three I would say that sex on the first night is pretty much the worst. At least with 1 and 2 you get a chance to know the person and more chances of love accidentally creeping in.

I have a "fuck buddy." Since we are both bottoms, we grind, kiss, mutual oral. We have discussed wanting to try topping each other. But the way things are going, we are also slowly developing a friendship. I guess the difference between FWB and Fuck buddies is emphasis on what you prioritize (sex or friendship).

I can say that number 1 is a killer from experience. Stay away from it. 2 is no big deal. 3.....no opinion never done it or had one..

Mick

I think the right answer really depends on what you're looking for.

If your looking for a date leading to an LTR, then for me all three are out.

If your going through a "slut" phase, then what do you care?

ObW
X

I'd say number 1. Doesn't have to end badly, but there is a chance that having sex will ruin your friendship forever. Depends on the person, but some people can't handle this. There is one girl I did this with in my late teens and we are still good friends, but we never talk about that.

With 2 and 3 I don't have any problems at all.