Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with the System?
In genreal what do YOU think is wrong with the system.

I think that the system has failed in so many ways. The world is ruled by only a handful of people who are rich as fuk. Also I think that we are tough to be dumb.

the system is a game of pickup-sticks stuck together with red tape that you play when you aren't distracted by the bread and circuses.

Smile

There is no "system." That's just a word people use to try to understand why they're miserable. Same as god (but that's another thread, I know, I know). You're manifesting a "system" by asking what's wrong with it, as if our political/economic/cultural state is not what it is, which is a flexible ever-changing idea. The future is not fixed.

P.S.

It's late where I am and I'm slightly delusional.

Hayden Wrote:There is no "system." That's just a word people use to try to understand why they're miserable. Same as god (but that's another thread, I know, I know). You're manifesting a "system" by asking what's wrong with it, as if our political/economic/cultural state is not what it is, which is a flexible ever-changing idea. The future is not fixed.

P.S.

It's late where I am and I'm slightly delusional.

Good point. What is wrong with democracy?

Kiid Wrote:Good point. What is wrong with democracy?

Could you be more specific?

In any political set-up (that is, any group of two or more people co-existing in a shared space and sharing resources) it's impossible for everyone to always get exactly what they want. I think democracy is human's best solution towards ensuring the maximum amount of happiness for a population, so long as the minority is protected.

The rich control the world. They control the governments through bribes and back alley deals. It's all so they can be secure and become even richer and more powerful. The system works if you are part of the 1%.

Beau Wrote:The rich control the world. They control the governments through bribes and back alley deals. It's all so they can be secure and become even richer and more powerful. The system works if you are part of the 1%.

Rich people get more, poor people suffer.

That's been true thought the entirety of civilization. That's not to say that it's okay of course. But do the rich "control" the world? I don't necessarily think so. I hate evil rich fucks as much as the next not rich guy, but this whole notion of the 1% evilness makes me feel that we're simply more comfortable with a boogey man to believe in. It's comforting to believe that someone "controls" everything: the economy, 9/11 (if you're that kind of person), you name it. Someone has to pulling the strings, even if it means the puppeteer is evil.

But the more probable truth (and the more terrifying) is that there is no one pulling the strings. Humanity is just made up of a bunch of greedy individuals that, like the liquid T-1000, naturally organizes itself into a pyramid like social structure regardless of time or place. Poor people and rich people are all equally greedy. Of course there are compassionate wealthy folks and compassionate impoverished, but it's all just chance, and part of our repetitiveness.

That's what I think anyway.

Kiid Wrote:Good point. What is wrong with democracy?

The thing that's wrong with democracy is that most people don't know what the hell theyre doing yet have the same power.

In a sense, I don't believe in equality. You need to earn power, not be given it.

Lilitu Wrote:The thing that's wrong with democracy is that most people don't know what the hell theyre doing yet have the same power.

In a sense, I don't believe in equality. You need to earn power, not be given it.

Like literacy tests to qualify to vote?

If it's not obvious, I'm in a real fighting mood right now.

But in a friendly sort of way.

BUNNY

Look, it's a bunny.