Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would you?
Would you ever date someone who was disabled?

For myself it would all come down to what disability the person has...If its a slight limp or something like that i wouldn't say no if i was asked to go on a date with him.
On the other hand if the person was fully incapable of taking care of themselves i wouldn't even give it a second thought.

if my girlfriend was to become disabled , then i would stay with her ~

Varanus... so if the person had a limp you would not date them?

I would! Depending on what the disability is I won't deny that it might be tough. Maybe I'd even think about whether I made the right decision or not at some low points in the relationship. But if I loved someone and he loved me back it wouldn't really matter if he was blind, deaf, in a wheelchair or well... more or less anything.

Sounds pretty cheesy but it's true.

Whether I date him will depend on what kind of person he is, not on the fact that he is or is not disabled.

My ex was severely physically disabled.

His foot was joined to his mouth!

SolemnBoy Wrote:I would! Depending on what the disability is I won't deny that it might be tough. Maybe I'd even think about whether I made the right decision or not at some low points in the relationship. But if I loved someone and he loved me back it wouldn't really matter if he was blind, deaf, in a wheelchair or well... more or less anything.

Sounds pretty cheesy but it's true.

Doesn't sound cheesy to me at all. My husband was wounded in Iraq and is now (technically) disabled. However, his need of a cane to walk without occasionally falling over doesn't in any way diminish my love for him.

disability or not
the man is still a normal human so, i might if we were compatible.

Honestly, it would depend for me.

I travel a lot for work. That means my partner needs to be very independent. If his disability required my constant care I would be unable to work.

Would I quit my job?
I don't know. If I do that, I might put us both in a real bad situation, then what kind of care would I be able to provide?

So...I have to say it depends on the nature (and severity) of the disability.