Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Paree? Of Clichéed thinking...
Like for so many other questions, the "computer says NO" and we answer: "I'd rather not say."

Is this really important and relevant or not? And is it relevant on this forum? What image does it conjure up for the young and inexperienced, or even for the hetero population at large (whether gay friendly or not gay friendly)

Circumcised or not circumcised.

It is surprising the amount of importance gay men put on being cut or uncut. One of the questions to register whether you've lost your foreskin or have stayed intact. You would think that a young or inexperienced gay man just looking for friendship before delving further would feel that the cliché about gay men only being interested in sex could be true from that!

(actually, the same could be said, I suppose about other questions that are suggested at registration)

So how did you feel about that question when you had to register?

I don't mind the question being asked.
???

or

Nobody's bloody business but my own.
???

HA
that big bold colourful "circumsised or not circumsised" gave me such a shock! Laugh1

I've never really understood why that question was on this forum registration.
Or any site registration, in fact.

I mean I'm not fussed, but I'm not fussy generally. I tend to blanket bomb in terms of tastes; beggars can't be choosers, so I don't really have an opinion.

Plus I'm not all about havin sex. I suppose if you are, then you would be more opinionated on the subject. Surely it changes things a little in bed.

Then again, I think some people get off on that sort of detail, when it comes to the sort of internet sites that usually ask that question.

Yes but, is it relevant, Wilem, on THIS site?

Depends how you choose to use this site.

Wilem Wrote:Depends how you choose to use this site.

I guess you're right... The current users don't seem to be using it for that sort of purpose, though... Things might change...

On Gaydar, maybe, but I think it conveys an odd impression on this particular site. I thought most of the questions irrelevant and intrusive, so I didn't answer them. Btw, is there an option to remove such questions from the profile if they haven't been answered?

It's a user driven site.
Content, purpose and direction is wholly dependant on the actions of the majority.

Of course this site could easily be used for sex covertly. PMs and whatnot.

(In reply to princealbertofb btw, if that reads oddly.)

marshlander Wrote:On Gaydar, maybe, but I think it conveys an odd impression on this particular site. I thought most of the questions irrelevant and intrusive, so I didn't answer them. Btw, is there an option to remove such questions from the profile if they haven't been answered?

You are right, they don't mean anything if they remain unanswered. So we should ask Spoty if there's a way of removing all those non-answers.

Wilem Wrote:It's a user driven site.
Content, purpose and direction is wholly dependant on the actions of the majority ...
Hmm, not strictly true from what I've seen. News is the privilege of the elite, messages may be censored and people have been banned ... and I've only been around for a few weeks Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:Hmm, not strictly true from what I've seen. News is the privilege of the elite, messages may be censored and people have been banned ... and I've only been around for a few weeks Rolleyes
Ohh I thought people only got banned/censored if they got violent or just generally twatty...

Mind you. If the majority of users used the forums to procure sex, then such posts would not be censored, and their posters not banned.