Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Chinese people carry money.
They carry it in plastic bags. Like the type old women in Hong Kong go food shopping with.

I like how she's just carrying a bag in a car show. And it's filled, to the brim with money.

nice Smile

Actually they carry it in their pockets (most of people). The banknotes are usually very crumpled. I took out my wallet in a bus once to pay. I got robbed withing the next two minutes, someone cut a hole in my bag with a razor. Rolleyes

Yes, for the rest of my stay, I carried money in my pockets... :biggrin:

Nick9 Wrote:nice Smile

Actually they carry it in their pockets (most of people). The banknotes are usually very crumpled. I took out my wallet in a bus once to pay. I got robbed withing the next two minutes, someone cut a hole in my bag with a razor. Rolleyes

Yes, for the rest of my stay, I carried money in my pockets... :biggrin:

Poor you, Nick... You were in China? Is that where you got robbed? Please tell.

lol, more like silly me, not poor. It was my fault... Yeah, it happened in China.
I am not saying that it is a typical image of Chinese people, ok? Smile But I have never seen anyone carrying money in a wallet Smile Or a bag :biggrin:

No, I didn't think that it was the reality of all China. I hope the Chinese are basically decent and honest, but there are always exceptions, and tourists are easy bait, aren't they?

After the Cultural Revolution, many people suddenly got rich by selling their lands to the china government for development. Most of those people did not received any education at all. As a results their are many uneducated rich people in the society, while many educated people were killed or had no choice but to leave china during the Cultural Revolution. (The cultural revolution was a bad bad thing. In short the uneducated people judged and criticized traditional values and educated people, as they think all of them are devils stealing their money by their superior power and corruption, which, in fact are only part of the truth. Corruption is quite serious though)

as a results many parvenu, who are uneducated, appeared in the society. They are arrogant, rude and think they can do everything with money. Their next generation are as bad as them. Therefore there is at least 1 -3 generation people in China are like that and what mae it worse is that they are rich and can travel around the world leaving really bad image to foreign people.

and as some rich people become merchandiser, they think of every way to make money. every way. So there were news about poisonous stuffs were added in products etc as those people only want money and couldn't care less about others. As a results even Chinese people don't trust products from their home country and go elsewhere to buy better products. like, recently if you heard about, that they go to HK, Netherlands, and Australia to buy great loads of milk powder because they think they are of better quality. (also lands, property etc)

Yet, as more new generation students can access to the outside world, they gain a better view and knowledge of the world, and more of them can go abroad to learn. So we hope that the situation can become better in the coming decades when the next generation grow up and teach their offspring. It will take quite a long time.

so it is not surprise to see rich Chinese people carrying a bag of money to buy thing. 1. They may want to show off. 2. They may not trust the bank.
And meanwhile if you see some really bad-behaved Chinese people, may we have your pardon. (and maybe give them a lesson :tongue: )

Of course there are still many well-behaved Chinese people around the world. And if you are interested in traditional value of Chinese culture, you may visit Taiwan as their education was done better. IMO it is the best place compared to mainland and HK.

Sorry for the long pessage, i feel that i have the responsibility to let you know the situation. :tongue:

seeking Wrote:After the Cultural Revolution, many people suddenly got rich by selling their lands to the china government for development. ...

Of course there are still many well-behaved Chinese people around the world. And if you are interested in traditional value of Chinese culture, you may visit Taiwan as their education was done better. IMO it is the best place compared to mainland and HK.

Sorry for the long pessage, i feel that i have the responsibility to let you know the situation. :tongue:

Seeking, this is not long, it is a very shrewd and unteresting analysis. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.
Of course, China has a great and very old culture, which it would be wrong to dismiss.

seeking Wrote:After the Cultural Revolution, many people suddenly got rich by selling their lands to the china government for development. Most of those people did not received any education at all. As a results their are many uneducated rich people in the society, while many educated people were killed or had no choice but to leave china during the Cultural Revolution. (The cultural revolution was a bad bad thing. In short the uneducated people judged and criticized traditional values and educated people, as they think all of them are devils stealing their money by their superior power and corruption, which, in fact are only part of the truth. Corruption is quite serious though)

as a results many parvenu, who are uneducated, appeared in the society. They are arrogant, rude and think they can do everything with money. Their next generation are as bad as them. Therefore there is at least 1 -3 generation people in China are like that and what mae it worse is that they are rich and can travel around the world leaving really bad image to foreign people.

and as some rich people become merchandiser, they think of every way to make money. every way. So there were news about poisonous stuffs were added in products etc as those people only want money and couldn't care less about others. As a results even Chinese people don't trust products from their home country and go elsewhere to buy better products. like, recently if you heard about, that they go to HK, Netherlands, and Australia to buy great loads of milk powder because they think they are of better quality. (also lands, property etc)

Yet, as more new generation students can access to the outside world, they gain a better view and knowledge of the world, and more of them can go abroad to learn. So we hope that the situation can become better in the coming decades when the next generation grow up and teach their offspring. It will take quite a long time.

so it is not surprise to see rich Chinese people carrying a bag of money to buy thing. 1. They may want to show off. 2. They may not trust the bank.
And meanwhile if you see some really bad-behaved Chinese people, may we have your pardon. (and maybe give them a lesson :tongue: )

Oh my gosh, yes I know this all too well!

My relatives in shanghai have been making us buy NZ milk powder for them for so long. Milk powder is actually heavily regulated at supermarkets. Usually only 3 cans are permitted per person. Now it is illegal to personally send milk powder to China. If you must send it to family you have to use specific services for this purpose. I don't think China understands that New Zealand can't give ALL the baby formula to them... we need as well... xD

I was born in Hong Kong, after mum and Dad decided it was far better than Shenzhen at the time, and also I think they wanted me to be all British Tongue.

Mum adopts Shanghainese and Hong Kong culture when it suits her. She's so disdainful of all the stupid mainland tourists who swamp Hong Kong but then she's so proud to be a Shanghainese person (And then she says how much Shanghainese people hate everyone else...)

China is so far removed from Its culture right now it's not even funny. Even languages are being sacrificed for the sake of money and progress. When I was in Shanghai and even Hong Kong to an extent, Mandarin is all I heard. The native languages have all been wiped off into the periphery of the old generation. Sad

I'd like to visit taiwan some day. Smile but I also fear for Hong Kong, and whether it'll just become some money-haven and turn into a compressed area of the uncultured nouveau riche Last time, all the expensive property around Victoria peak seemed like they were a Mandarin-speaking enclave! I like Hong Kong too much :3

I'm not trying to be anti-China (like Hong Kong.. god they hate China... it's kind of scary how much they do), but I will say there are issues ahead...

In Germany in 20s people carried there money in wheelbarrows to buy a loaf of bread, though for different reasons

I wana bag of money :C