Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gayBros
reference:
-a long video from huffingtonpost features people from reddit subGroup gaybors
-a post i made here, it drove past gayspeak a lot, in all fairness i dont put a lot of effort in this

please hear out the video tho its longer than expected

the huffingtonpost video discussion:
-masculine is still the preference on grinder and other gay hook up sights
-should gay men look for partners that are similar or different personalities (fem/ masculine)
-gay men in sports is new
-the pink fag boys started all this, they were the first to come out and got us to this point
-the gaybro might be a step that helps people find them selves better faster
-will the gaybro concept finally close gay bars?

the huffingtonpost video was not inclusive other than gay men.

I watched the video. It was very interesting. I think Noah and Mitchell came off very closed minded. If anyone was exhibiting exclusive behavior, it was them. As the gaybro creator pointed out, sites about guns or sports or whatever aren't exactly gay friendly places, so what's wrong with creating a gay friendly space to talk about those things? Noah and Mitchell were trying to make it into a bigger socio-cultural issue and force the idea that gaybros was created out of some internal homophobia and hatred of fem guys. They have no ground to make such hateful and bullshit assumptions.

They also implied that all straight acting gay guys act so only because they're denying who they really are and that they're trying to appease the straight world. I think that's a horrible thing to imply. It would be equally disgusting to say that fem guys are just putting on a show. It always amazes me to see members of the LGBTQ+ community displaying such ignorance and intolerance.

So to be accepted in gay society we now have to act feminine? Isn't accepting the feminine gays enough? As someone that doesn't label myself as masculine or feminine I really have a hard time taking people seriously when they attack others over stuff like this. Being myself and being gay are 2 completely different things, I shouldn't have to "act feminine" to be accepted within the community. I've been given the cold shoulder by feminine guys without even being able to speak to them, I did nothing to these people.

As Hayden pointed out Noah and Mitchell were being very closed minded about the whole thing. In my opinion its people like those 2 who help create the segregation between those in the gay community, instead of aiming to unite they've gone and attacked a group of people based on the media's views and lack of research. Creating minorities within minorities isn't cool.