Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just curious.
I myself have been gay for awhile (by awhile I mean a year) I've come out to everyone I know. The thing is I'm interested in starting a relationship, and I don't know any gays nearby... and well the few I don't know I don't specifically care for how they act. (They aren't nice people.) Anyway, any tips? I don't use grindr or other date finding apps for the simple explanation of that I'm 17, and have an issue with lying about my age, I just can't do it. I don't like it, so uhh please avoid that suggestion.

is there a lgbt center near you? or maybe check and see if your school has an after school program for lgbt. and if you're planning to attend college you could look into going to one with a large lgbt support group. you'll have plenty of time to find someone thoughSmile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:is there a lgbt center near you? or maybe check and see if your school has an after school program for lgbt. and if you're planning to attend college you could look into going to one with a large lgbt support group.

I have looked into the straight gay alliance at my school and to no avail there are like 6 members all of which seem to be either female or closeted gay. (I've commited myself to not date someone in the closet, as to that's not something I want to deal with... I don't want my partner to hide me from anyone)
Although the college I plan to attend at some point seems to have a good lgbt community I just so happen to not be there yet x3

Largo, FL, or Largo, MD? Parts of Florida have so much LGBT support; other parts are conservative. I don't know Largo. Either way, all I can suggest is being as social as you can be. Get involved in activities outside of school, whether it's volunteering, sports, music, etc. Gays are a percentage of any population, so the more you interact the more you'll meet.

Geminize Wrote:Largo, FL, or Largo, MD?

Largo FL Smile And yeah it's really mixed down here ><

Armandork Wrote:I have looked into the straight gay alliance at my school and to no avail there are like 6 members all of which seem to be either female or closeted gay. (I've commited myself to not date someone in the closet, as to that's not something I want to deal with... I don't want my partner to hide me from anyone)
Although the college I plan to attend at some point seems to have a good lgbt community I just so happen to not be there yet x3

join anyway . some of those girls might know other out gay guys .
meeting someone through a friend is nice , i think ~~

megumidesu Wrote:join anyway . some of those girls might know other out gay guys .
meeting someone through a friend is nice , i think ~~

I think I will be joining next year. (In hindsight this year is almost over so I regret the consideration of joining to be put off until now)
I've met someone through a friend and it was a TERRIBLE hook-up. Like... She didn't even consider my personality or my interests or what I look in at a partner... She hooked me up with someone I had Very little in common with (interest wise) and it just... train wreck. He ended up thinking I was a weird gamer/shutin/loser, and I ended up feeling like a weird gamer. It wasn't a good date. From that point I'd consider friends with benefits, but he's a bottom and so am I... and it just wasn't worth it... so... Idk. I'm becoming skeptical with hook ups at this point simply because I hear a lot of stories of this happening to a lot of gays. Although I guess I shouldn't knock the idea completely, but I'm skeptical of it.

not all websites are hook-up sites. OK Cupid has a pretty good reputation, but I am not 100% sure if you have to be over 18 meaning you would have to lie, or stretch the truth about your age.

Hey. :}

If you're looking for something not as serious, joining such alliances and stuff, looking into the gay community in the area will probably be of help. But if you're a romantic and want something serious, specifically looking for a relationship is probably not the best diea. Just do what you do, get yourself out there and be yourself, but don't rush into anything. Finding someone who is *right* happens very unexpectedly and is such a breathtaking experience, it's worth waiting for it.

Why are you looking to date at the age of 17?! That seem really young