Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when you get angry?
Here is another one of my research questions.

This one is simple, just pick one choice that best fits you.

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Purple"]
What do you do when you get angry?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Im not talking peeved or pissed, Im talking "blind fury" here.

A. Shut down/withdraw
B. Scream and shout
C. Meditate
D. Count to 10
E. Talk it out
F. Throw things
G. Abusive (mental or physical)
H. Cry
I. Hide
J. Get drunk
K. Run away

[Image: th?id=H.4754821844501908&pid=15.1]

I've never been the type to raise my voice and scream when I'm angry, save for one or two very rare occasions.

Usually when I'm angry, I try to get away from the source of my anger, taking a walk until I calm down being the normal method of coping.

If however, a confrontation is inevitable and I have to deal with the person who angered me, they'll know I'm furious because I start to talk in this low, clipped, icy tone and just fix them with a death glare the whole time.

After that, I'll take a walk and just shut down for awhile and be by myself...usually turning off my phone and escaping by listening to music....Jethro Tull does wonders for improving my mood Smile

Depends on what causes the blind fury. In the past when I was being threatened with severe violence & violation I responded with my own violence. And I'm this way when protecting others as well.

Otherwise I work out my adrenaline with physical activity (which can mean a run), preferably something that requires attention & concentration (which could be seen as a form of meditation, it does calm me mentally). After I've calmed down then I think about it rationally.

Luckily, blind fury is a very rare emotion for me.

Depends on the level of 'BLIND FURY'... I'm the type of guys who builds up angry...not the type that will get mad easily....usually you have to push me really hard to get me pissed off, so when I get pissed off....well...I get REALLY pissed off.

1.I cry
2.I shout and scream
3.act abit crazy
4.throw and hit things
and then run away.

I don't know.
Been at least 5 years...

A, followed by H once alone, maybe talking it out with a friend after(E).

I've only ever snapped once(pure rage with no mediation), I was going to remove the persons eyeballs.
My friends held me back though, luckily I guess...

Depends on what I'm angry about (although I've never been raging mad over anything). Usually I will take myself away from people so I can think about things, 99% of the time it works and I can relax again.

In my case, I keep silent.. I become indifferent towards that person. But usually, I withdraw and want to be with myself alone.

On a personal note someone telling me to count to ten will piss me off even more, just as much someone who would tell me to "calm down"

Although it's extremely rare for me to get mad. I almost NEVER get mad, I'm a very passive person, but when I do I usually try to avoid the person I'm mad at and leave it at that. x3 I've never had blind fury.

Ive only ever gotten really mad once (at my partner) about 4 years ago. In fact it was more than mad, it was blind rage.

It actually scared me as I was so close to loosing control. It's definitely not something I want to experience again.

Im not a confrontational person and Id rather walk away and become withdrawn than get into a big heated shouting match.

ObW

Scream and shout (maybe slam a door)
shutdown/withdraw ((preferably to another room)
meditate
talk it out