Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modesty.
I dont know if this will be discussed, ive been thinking about it and be good to here some other opinions, do you consider yourself a modest person, you could say a trully modest person would not reply to such a thread, or maybe type in NO then go and save an orphanage (extreme modesty) Big Grin

I think it can be hard to be modest at times on a format such as this and why not? We only have words to go by and most people know what they have, they can look at themselves objectivley from a different standpoint and say "yeah im good at this, or "im looking fine today" etc (false modesty) can be offputting whilst vanity can be endearing,

Just thoughts, quite rambeling ones at that-sorry

I do believe modesty is a virtue and on the other hand some people have much to be modest about!

My answer depends on what your definition of modesty is.

I honestly don't think I'm modest. I might be subtle with my bragging, but I think I'm not modest at all.

I wasnt really looking for awnsers just thoughts.

I don't know if I'm modest here but I am in everyday life. I totally have imposter syndrome. Smile

partisan Wrote:I wasnt really looking for awnsers just thoughts.

My thought depends on what your definition of modesty is.

modesty is modesty, look it up, whats your definition, or do you think its a crap word,i guess its doing the right thing not to be seen doing it but just doing it, not bragging, why dont you tell me your thoughts and thus give me a better definition, im sure theres many

Possibly, in some capacities.
Though people who hold modesty to be an important virtue as part of their religion would think otherwise.

partisan Wrote:modesty is modesty, look it up, whats your definition, or do you think its a crap word,i guess its doing the right thing not to be seen doing it but just doing it, not bragging, why dont you tell me your thoughts and thus give me a better definition, im sure theres many

Just wondering if you meant physical, emotional, or personality wise.

So many definitions of such simple words nowdays, you never really know what anyone means half the time.

Physically modest? Hell yes.

Emotionally modest? Very much so.

Personality modesty? Hell no.

Hhhm what is modesty, immodesty is easier to picture, modesty is.... wtf is it?