Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imaginary friend
my mum said as a child i had an imaginary friend - but i don't remember

- but can remember being in a cot in a nappy looking through the bedroom window at my mum talking to a neighbour

- I also remember being about 5 in the living room with relations and seeing a large stuffed panda being dropped from above, outside the window - there was nothing there and my aunties thought I had made it up to get attention but I did see it for real

- I remember being concerned at night going to bed on my own when I was young because of the "people" who were upstairs waiting for me but I was told to get upstairs and stop delaying

anyone explain how I could remember some stuff but not the "friend"

because a human brain is full of hidden places Smile

I've heard that a lot of kids have an imaginary friend. But I usually hear that from the parents not (already grown up) kids.

Can't recall ever having an imaginary friend as a child, though I do recall leaving my closet door open at night so "the ghosts could feel welcome and have a place to stay"

Kids are weird lol......

I remember my sister had an imaginary friend. Smile
An eye for an eye

I had one. His name was okko. Okka appeared from time to time as did mr and mrs monkey (they were gorillas as i recal, not monkies)

I was the imaginary friend...I often feel neglected and unappreciated Sad

I had a pet blue monster that lived in the keyhole in the playroom of my basement. I watched him hatch from an egg, which was nestled in a cave. He was a shape shifter in that he could grow as large as he wanted, and he became a horrifying monster that smashed cities in the world that he lived in. For some reason, we ended up the best of friends, and he decided to become a "good" monster, and we had adventures battling the most evil of monsters together. His name was 'blue' Smile. Also, the tree in my backyard could talk to me.

I was also friends with everyone in my neighbourhood as a child (my mom complains that as a child, she felt like the neighbourhood babysitter), and I convinced most of them to adopt monsters/develop mysterious powers. I had an amazing imagination as a child.

Now, to tie into your post... some of my friends that I still talk to will tell me of amazing stories and imaginative adventures we had that I don't remember at all. I think it's possible that as children, we don't place emphasis or order on what we remember, as we might do when we become older. To me as a child, I may remember getting a BOX for Christmas, and not a brand new TV, because to me the box is more important. Likewise, to me my pet monster was very important, but apparently having the power to control the weather was not (something I apparently pretended I could do, but don't remember).

Just considering.

dfiant Wrote:I was the imaginary friend...I often feel neglected and unappreciated Sad

aww no don't say that - I've appreciated your input on my posts so far - big thank you

;-)

dfiant Wrote:I was the imaginary friend...I often feel neglected and unappreciated Sad

BighugBighug

I think I tried having imaginary friends a few times as a kid...but they were boring and didn't actually do anything so I gave up on the one-sided relationship.

I never had a imaginary friend as a child.