Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deal breakers
Not sure if someone has started this thread yet, but I can't find it sooo...

Deal breakers in a relationship? Like a certain thing about the person that makes the relationship something you can't do.

Do you have any of these? For me it's extremely religious to the point of feeling the need to convert me (same goes with politics)

The one thing that made me walk out of the last 2 relationships I had..Lying.

Lying, Cheating, and clingy people.

[quote=Mirage]There's only three things I can think of that are deal breakers for me.

They can't be a follower of Christianity, Catholicism or Islam. Why on earth would any gay person follow a religion that demonizes them as an abomination is beyond me. These religions are sickening in their hatred and bigotry and I refuse to have anything to do with it.

^
i think this qualifies as bigotry too...
"a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

so for my answer i'd go with no bigots...

Quote:They can't be a follower of Christianity, Catholicism or Islam.

Religions don't exclude us....peoples misinterpretations of religions exclude us.

I romantacise that pure unadultered religion is inclusive of all and knows no bounds.

Lying for sure. Also cheaters. I don't want to think my partner is sleeping with other people behind my back. (or in front of me for that matter.) I believe in monogamy.

Armandork Wrote:Deal breakers in a relationship? Like a certain thing about the person that makes the relationship something you can't do.

Do you mean something that would prevent you to start the relationship, or something that would make you break up your already long relationship?

Because after being in a relationship for more than 20 years I can see that those "lists" vary. Some things stay, but some doesn't seem to be deal-breakers after those years.

dvdbwn Wrote:[quote=Mirage]There's only three things I can think of that are deal breakers for me.

They can't be a follower of Christianity, Catholicism or Islam. Why on earth would any gay person follow a religion that demonizes them as an abomination is beyond me. These religions are sickening in their hatred and bigotry and I refuse to have anything to do with it.

^
i think this qualifies as bigotry too...
"a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

so for my answer i'd go with no bigots...

Where is there bigotry there? There's no obstinacy, intolerance, or hatred. He's not advocating running these people out of town, he's just saying he wouldn't want to have a relationship with one of them.

It's not even as if he is mistaken, those religions do not approve of gay people. If a gay person wants nothing to do with them it's a rational choice, not bigotry.

If anything it is bigotry for those religions to disapprove of gay people. Their position ticks at least two of your boxes. Obstinacy insofar as their views aren't going to change any day soon and intolerance in that they say that to practice your homosexuality is incompatible with the salvation their beliefs claim to offer, no get outs. Hatred they of course deny, but at best the jury's out on that one.

Your understanding of bigotry seems very broad indeed, you'll be excluding a lot of people.

Zealots, cheaters, liars, closet cases, overly dramatic...whatever, doesn't really matter now to me. I think I've found a pretty good one. :biggrin:

People who touch hot oil
people who smell their poo
people who listen to fleas
people who tangibrate the Bosphorical principle
people who tassle my eggs
people who milk cats
people who will eat my skin
people who don't like me
people who titillate my hereditary mysteries
people who spasm near me
people who are soaking wet all the time for no reason.
people who make me play soccer.
Blue people.
People who masticate my sense of Malayalam.
Jasmine brassieres.