Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lonely and down
I feel so lonely and down in the dumps. Sad

Bighug

Why, dear?

We all do sometimes.

I go to the mall and watch the stupid people.
That always cheers me up.

If that fails, I watch 'Victor Victoria' with Julie Andrews.
That ALWAYS makes me feel better!!!

I would recommend Doctor Who, but that's just me.

Read a story, make the boredom into something relaxing...play a game, do (or find) whatever hobby you like the most...or even work on going out and meeting new people. I personally volunteer and go to local anime events to meet people, I've made some great friends that way. If you're lonely and just want to talk to people... this site also has a chat room.

Note that this is broad advice, don't you know well enough to be super specific about it Smile.

Do more drugs.... I found methamphetamine to leave me feeling high, manic, energetic and I definitely didn't have any time left over to feel alone.... I also had the cleanest place ever, my second tweak of choice is to get all OCD over germs and dirt...Rolleyes

Actually no... All the substances I ingested, injected, snorted, inhaled, whatever only buried crap and after about a decade all of that crap along with that decade of new crap vomited out sort of like the girl in Exorcist vomited.

Nearly all of us feel lonely and get down in the dumps from time to time.

Down in the dumps - well for me that is a yearly scheduled event due to SAD...

I have found that distractions like building stuff, or creating stuff, or even killing time on the internet looking up useless crap such as what it was that the Romans Wore under their tunic... Or how to reduce ashes and water to make lye and then how to combine that lye and rendered fats into soap.... totally useless data in a world were soap is sold everywhere.

I have also found that making small, reasonable goals in other stuff other than 'I want to be happy' and working toward reaching those goals helps.

This year I set a goal of expanding my veg garden with a decent patch for corn. Right now I have 6" high corn in my new patch... I set a reasonable goal which had nothing to do with 'happiness' or being a lone, or dealing with depression. The reward is I feel happier about myself because I did 'something' constructive and I can go outside and look at it any time I get in the mood or the stance I do nothing.

Of course it also gave me a bit of exercise (you try spading a patch 6'X8' and tell me its not exercise)... and it put me outside for a while, it also took my mind off of everything else for a moment.... One can set a lot of tiny goals similar to this and get a lot from them.

If this down in the dumps feeling is actually depression and has been going on for 3+ months, I strongly suggest you bring it up to Doctor and get yourself a therapist. If there are stresses in your life which are leading to sadness, then try to figure out a way to either live with the stresses, or to get out from under them.

Also bring it up with doctor you are under stress. I understand they have pills for that, and for short periods of time (a year) being on a prescription drug to deal with 'stuff' isn't bad - as long as you are working on fixing the stuff and not using the drug (legal or otherwise) to hide from whatever.

Go to the gym and do so much hard physical exercise so that you end up feeling like someone's beaten the crap out of you. THEN you feel better.

Sounds to me like you need to make some new friends and cheer up Smile

Why not volunteer for something worthwhile?

It will get you out of the house, help you make new friends, and make you feel good about yourself :biggrin:

ObW
X

OlderButWiser Wrote:Sounds to me like you need to make some new friends and cheer up Smile

Why not volunteer for something worthwhile?

It will get you out of the house, help you make new friends, and make you feel good about yourself :biggrin:

ObW
X

Of course that's an excellent idea. No one ever met new people by sitting at home alone and moping,

LONDONER Wrote:Of course that's an excellent idea. No one ever met new people by sitting at home alone and moping,

Sure they have.

The pizza delivery guy.
The electrician.
The gas man.
The post man.
Those guys who come around preaching Jesus and knocking on your door!!!

Anonymous Wrote:I feel so lonely and down in the dumps. Sad

Don't worry. I've been feeling like that lately. Even with all the faces I meet in my field of work. It just makes me feel all the more alone. All these faces and I still feel alone. Not even the internet can bring me new friends. :\