Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Scouts overturn ban on Gay Youth Members
And about time too.

This sends a message to the younger gay members of American society that being gay does not exclude you from being a scout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22650143

Another bastion of anti-gay prejudice falls:-)

Mexicanwave Mexicanwave Mexicanwave Mexicanwave Mexicanwave Mexicanwave

ObW
X

Now I wonder how many right wing families are going to withdraw their children from the organisation?

Oooh. My ex will love this news

LONDONER Wrote:Now I wonder how many right wing families are going to withdraw their children from the organisation?

They said about 10%, but who cares? It'll be better without them there for when openly gay children take their places.

This makes me wish I had stayed in scouts longer.

While it's a step in the right direction, they didn't go far enough. Sure, they are letting gay youth join now; but LGBT adults cannot be leaders still. What kind of a mixed message is that. It's ok that you are gay until you turn 18 then we have no use for you. . . still a ways to go for them.

The entire organization can fuck off. This vote was not done out of compassion, it was public relations pressure. If a person or an organization does not have a soul, then I think the best course of action is to treat them as what they are: ancient and irrelevant. What openly gay young person would possibly want to join a club that will revoke his membership when he becomes a gay adult? I don't like patting people on the back for doing the clearly moral thing. You don't get a sticker for simply being a decent person.

Does anyone else find the Scout symbol to be at least a little phallic..?
And isn't "Be Prepared" good advice for anyone considering anal sex?

Wade Wrote:The entire organization can fuck off. This vote was not done out of compassion, it was public relations pressure. If a person or an organization does not have a soul, then I think the best course of action is to treat them as what they are: ancient and irrelevant. What openly gay young person would possibly want to join a club that will revoke his membership when he becomes a gay adult? I don't like patting people on the back for doing the clearly moral thing. You don't get a sticker for simply being a decent person.

Progress, it takes time. Just like gay marriage being slowly legalized around the states. It takes time, and yeah a lot of the states are definitely going to fight and fight against it. Slowly but surely though we're moving somewhat forward (and a few steps back sometimes) but forward nonetheless.

What?! scouts weren't allowed to be gay what da fuk?