Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB connection Phone to Computer.
First, its technology and I have a rather medieval take on technology.

I have an LG 5600 flip phone and the USB cable.

Used to be I would connect the phone and a window would magically appear (no doubt dark arcane magicks) and it would ask me to scan the computer for software (or demons or something along those lines) and it would scan and not find the thing, it would put up a message in one of the arcane languages - Error: can't find/locate --------- (something composed of about 50 random characters and numerals) then ask me to manually search of the magic program it needs. Fearing having my soul sucked into the infernal machine or hell and damnation I would hit cancel and close the program....

I recently installed the PC sync program found here: http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGVX5600

Now when I plug the USB cable into the infernal machine, nothing happens.

Yes I restarted the infernal machine, yes I plugged in an unplugged the phone, the USB cord and undoubtedly a part of my soul....

I have opened up 'my Computer' which has the drive directories, ya know C: and D: and E: etc. It shows the harddrives (C: is the back up, E: being the computer stuff or main drive... Yeah this computer had issues in the past) and the floppy and the DVD/CD drive but it doesn't show a new drive for the phone.

The 'help' that comes with that PC sync program is of course not helpful in this. It tells me that the computer will magically know what to do, and all I have to do is plug in the phone with the USB cable. I think it requires something called outlook?

I cannot locate any program called 'outlook' via my program files.

This is a Windows XP machine Edition 2002 Service Pack 3....

So do I need to sacrifice a child or something to make the computer do as I want????

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know about your phone but when I plug mine into my computer my phone flashes up with the option to become a usb storage solution for the PC.

No sacrificing of children please, unless the child in question is just evilness personified.

I plug mine phone in and it beeps or makes some sort of beeping like noise and then starts charging... Even when fully charged it informs me it is charging...

Stupid question but did you install the USB driver? I don't see what else it can be.

Try downloading and (re-)installing both the USB Driver and the LG Outlook Sync Software on that page.

If it still doesn't work, then it's possible it may be the phone, USB cable, or the USB port itself that's at fault.
So, try a different USB cable if possible, if that fails, try multiple USB ports on your computer, and if that fails...give up?

The USB charges the phone, that's why I believe it's a driver matter. Not 100% sure though.

Yeah installed the driver it still ain't working.

I believe I am at the 'give up' stage.

thanks anyway.

Are you sure that just isn't the adapter USB cable for the charger? Most phones come with a USB cable for charging now

I'm not sure of anything - again its technology - Dark Arcane Arts.

It (the phone) has one plug for ear phones and one plug for everything else....

I told you what device I have and what I have done... You're the Technological Wizard, you tell me what it can and can't do... you and your dark magicks!

Hey hey hey! We don't call it dark magicks anymore! We call it Technomancy!