Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Mormon
This is sad. Why would he do this to himself?

there was recently a post here at GaySpeak about a christian who came out to himself as gay, thinking the joy of a celebrate live.

He was very young.

what a phuck up life... to possibly drag his future family in to the dirt or live as a outcast.

Do what? Be gay? Did he have a choice?

Celibacy - its easy. Did it for years myself...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Do what? Be gay? Did he have a choice?

Celibacy - its easy. Did it for years myself...

I don't know if you were celibate due to your own choice or your religious beliefs. I just don't think he should do this for the rest of his life. He can't even be in a relationship, masturbate, or think about another guy without believing he has sinned. He is choosing a celibate life for his religion. Others are celibate, because of health reasons or they are single and can't find anyone. At least for those single people who hope to have sex one day, they still have hope. What does he have? I just feel sorry for him.

Well he doesnt seem to bothered about it, seemed very happy.

JisthenewK Wrote:I don't know if you were celibate due to your own choice or your religious beliefs. I just don't think he should do this for the rest of his life. He can't even be in a relationship, masturbate, or think about another guy without believing he has sinned. He is choosing a celibate life for his religion. Others are celibate, because of health reasons or they are single and can't find anyone. At least for those single people who hope to have sex one day, they still have hope. What does he have? I just feel sorry for him.

Religious reasons.

Faith can be a powerful thing, and as satisfying and in some cases even more satisfying than sex.

What makes you so certain he thinks of other guys and thinks its a sin? Or for that matter doesn't masturbate?

WHY NNOT JUST LIVE IT AS BEST OF BOTH WORLD!!!! This world makes me mad >:C

JisthenewK Wrote:I don't know if you were celibate due to your own choice or your religious beliefs. I just don't think he should do this for the rest of his life. He can't even be in a relationship, masturbate, or think about another guy without believing he has sinned. He is choosing a celibate life for his religion. Others are celibate, because of health reasons or they are single and can't find anyone. At least for those single people who hope to have sex one day, they still have hope. What does he have? I just feel sorry for him.

Oh, I agree. It is quite insane.

Have to understand that embracing being gay (a real relationship) and
Mormon means completely altering your life. Its a really strict and judgmental society, that is very tightly woven together. There is a lot of love there, yet it can turn on you for doing anything looked down on.

Being gay then means essentially turning away from your family, and the loved ones you have gained your whole life. When Mormon, usually your blood family members are all Mormons too. My grandparents, cousins, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, the whole deal are almost ALL Mormon. So it means turning away from your blood family as well.

Which especially hurts cause the Mormon religion puts a HUGE emphasis on the importance in families.

Its kind of like trading where you place your love in... a sexual and romantic relationship or your family, friends, and possibly depending on your beliefs God. Wow.

I made my decision around 17/18 and I guess I will always look back, I'm glad where I'm at because it was a huge step. But you always have to wonder... then again everyone wonders about their past.

there have been thousands of religions and millions of gods. all of them worthless as the next.