Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E Readers
Are E readers better that books?
An eye for an eye

There are several benefits to e-books such as less occupied space, often lower prices as well as some really rare books that are ultra-expensive in physical form but reasonably expensive in digital form.

I'll always prefer physical books though.

The feel of holding a book in your hands and turning the pages is a great feeling.
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:Are E readers better that books?

Paper books are great but ebooks are even better.

I have an iPad 3 and it's wonderful for reading. It's more practical, you can store an entire library in it and you can download thousands of books for free (e.g. from the famous Project Gutenberg website).

God I just love books. Smile
An eye for an eye

Books are better but e readers are more cost effective. I don't have a lot of money for real books or space really. I normally save like $7+ when I buy an eBook

I prefer books. I like the feel of having the real book in my hand. I also hate staring at yet another digital screen to read. I'm on the computer enough as it is.

I do like reading an actual book, but I have the kindle ap on my Iphone and the vast majority of my reading is done on that, it's very conveinient and much less expensive.

Richard

I love books, being a Sage an all :p

But the Cons outweigh the Pros alittle bit to me, one of the biggies being the need for paper.

I love that feeling of flipping a page and reading words on the physical plane, but electronic books save the need for paper.

The feeling you get from reading or holding a book, is the residual energy and nostalgia and e-books tend not to give this same feeling, but they can.

I prefer carrying all my books in the palm of my hand and not break my back, plus, cut down on paper and tree consumption.

Just me Wink

I was completely against e-readers. There is nothing like the feel, look and decoration that comes from real ink on paper.

However saying that I am in a job where I travel a lot and move a lot.

My parents bought me a sony e-reader about 6 months ago and I love it. It is easy to read, much like actual paper (e-ink is better than expected for me).

I have just under 500 books on hand in the size of a small a5 or so notepad. It also uses bugger all power. I've charged it maybe 3 times in 40+ books, and its never gone under halfway on the charge symbol.