Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Returned (Les Revenants)
Anyone in the UK watchintg this French series on Channel4? If you are, what do you think so far?

I'm really enjoying it. It is far, far removed from the usual zombie type of story.

No i like the sound of it though, there was an excellent British zombie drama on TV a month or so ago called "in the flesh" it was so good, it had 2 Gay zombies, one of them a returned soldier, in this world, zombies have been re-introduced into the community, though on a drug that keeps them controlled, lots of well-known british actors young and old.

When is les revenants on? Have i missed many?

"The Returned" is its English title and it's on C4 on Sundays at 21.00. So far they have shown two episodes.

It was a "must see" TV programme in France and beat a lot of viewing figures. It's available on DVD but only in French. I presume that it will be issued on DVD with English subtitles once the season comes to an end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Returned

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-returned

Oh ive missed 2, i may wait till the dvd arrives, i dont watch a lot of telly normally but "in the flesh" is really worth seeing, its not what you expect when you hear zombies, the gay zombie storyline was refreshing and sweet and YES true to life, aside from the fact there the walking dead! Big Grin i hope you see it sometime londoner.

I don't usually go for zombie themes but "Les Revenants" had such good advanced publicity that I had to look. I heard something about "In The Flesh" but as it was on BBC, I gave it a miss. There is very little ever on BBC3 that interests me.

Yes, i didnt mention bbc3 because i thought you would feel that way, i do as well but this was a very good quality, stand-alone drama, im not in to the normal zombie fare but i thought you may like this.

The return looks excellent, shame you didnt make this post 2 weeks ago Rolleyes

My apologies. I'll try to remembert in future but it's a little difficult to write about something before I've seen it. OK, I could have written at least one week ago.

I watched the first few episodes but missed the others I hope it's out on DVD soon.
An eye for an eye

Dan: You'll have to wait at least until the first season is finished on TV. That will be after August 11th.