Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didn't give in...and Proud!
So I got an email from my asshole ex. It read as follows:

Grey, I didn't figure you would answer my calls, just like you haven't been for awhile now but I had to talk to you. I don't know how all this happened. I thought we were happy. I was happy. I kept thinking you'd come back, that any day I'd look up and see you standing there looking all sorry and pitiful. Everyone here misses you. Kevin's been beating everyone's ass at poker now that your gone, and it's really quiet here now. Do you remember when we went cross state lines that first time and you were so scared we were going to get caught and I was going to go to jail? You were so happy though, all the way down there because you kept pretending you never had to go back, and that your parents would never find you. I remember you smiling the whole time, those big ole' eyes just glittering up at me. I could look in those eyes and know you loved me, completely and fully, there was no doubt. You were like fifteen and full of energy. What happened to us?

Would it help if I promised I'll never hit you again? I won't yell at you. I promise. We'll go get married just like we planned and go on that ocean thing you wanted. We'll look back into adoption and look into buying that rock house by the lake you wanted. The one with the little dock remember? I love you. I know I fucked up. A lot. Just let's talk this through. I don't want to live without you. You are the most special guy in the world and I shouldn't have hurt you. I don't know if you haven't been getting my messages or if you are ignoring them, but nine years is too long to throw away.

I love you. Just email me back ok?

Joseph

Amazingly enough, I didn't respond. I didn't fall for the lies...again. And I'm super freakin proud of myself because I forgave him time and time again for hitting me. No more. To me this stinks of lies. Just wanted to brag on myself a little!

It's better this way for the both of you.
You're doing the right thing Grey, even though it probably hurts at least a little.

I'm proud of you as well Grey. Don't ever settle for someone hitting you. That message sounds like it's full of B.S. promises.

Wow Grey, this man can talk the talk.... but if they're all lies, good for you for sticking up for yourself. Someone out there will make a good husband for you and out of you. :biggrin:

i guess you are wanting us to tell you not to respond, with that said JUST FORGET HIM

No intention of responding to this or any future email. Yes, he can talk the talk trust me. Of course in the last message I got from him he threatened to break both my legs, along with a lot of "I won't hurt you unless you make me" shit added. This is a guy who hit me, told me he owned me, and even picked out my clothes for me for nine years yet convinced me to stay. The next guy I date will be nothing like him I hope.

Good for you for not falling for his lies and bullshit. Abusers should be shot. Keep strong, believe in yourself, and keep moving forward with your life.

Richard

I was helping one of my friends about a week or two ago about this same thing. Her boyfriend (well, ex) kept messing around with her, leaving, and then wanting to come back. And she fell for it. But finally she got it through her head that he was BS!

I told her that if he does it once, he's bound to do it again. That's just the kind of person he is, and he ain't worth your time.

Glad you didn't reply.

The day you lift your hand to your partner... You've forever lost the privilege to have a relationship with that person.

See my posting a "mutts" tale...
Once, In total out-of-control anger, (and I had every right to be angry) I physically utterly demolished a kitchen scale with my bare hands, (I simply tore the thing apart)
but I would never ever raise my hands to my "mutt" There is no excuse big enough....

Be proud. Chapters closed, Walk tall...

Trial by error.

I may not know you but I'm proud of you Smile

My first ex gave me a ton of BS after he dumped me. He left me because I was having a bad day and I kept on crying. I had one bad day and he left me, despite sticking by him through his negative moments. I loved him and he said he loved me (the only guy that ever has) even after things ended. A couple months after being dumped he emailed me. He apologized and said he still loved me and wanted me back. He said that he was a jerk and that he knew better, and that he can't stop loving me. I can still remember him saying, "I want to give you the life you deserve." That still rings in my mind after all this time.

I didn't respond to his email because I knew I was better off without him. I still loved him when I got that email, and to a degree I always will because he was my first love, but I knew I'd be better off without him. If he wanted to give me the life I deserve, then he should leave me alone: and he did.