Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cameras on Holidays.
When you go on Holiday, do you like to take a Camera or not?

When sightseeing etc. especially, are Cameras a horrible distraction that subconsciously forces you to look at the beautiful scene through a miniature screen or are they essential for capturing memories?

Personally, I think I'd be the kind of person to know it'd be a bad idea to use a camera, but would feel anxious without one.

I like to take my camera with me on Holiday. I only carry it with me when I am going to interesting places.

I don't like cameras - Ironically I have 4 or 6 of the damned things because people think I don't take pictures because I don't have a camera....

I have a memory like a... ah.. um... yeah one of those things - so why do I need a - what are we talking about anyways?

Honestly I grew up in the era where instant photography was Polaroid, most people used film which had to be sent of to be developed and took a god awful time to get back so fewer people took pictures.

Lilitu Wrote:When you go on Holiday, do you like to take a Camera or not?

When sightseeing etc. especially, are Cameras a horrible distraction that subconsciously forces you to look at the beautiful scene through a miniature screen or are they essential for capturing memories?

Personally, I think I'd be the kind of person to know it'd be a bad idea to use a camera, but would feel anxious without one.

Yes, I always take a camera with me whenever I travel because I like to share my experiences with my friends. Yes, I know, if I were a better writer I would be able describe with passion all those things I see but my writing is very ordinary so, I resort to photographs as you can see here: http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=26191. Enjoy.

*Groan* No say it isn't so, you are not one of those kind of people who take lots of photos then expect people to really be interested in your 'adventure'... Please say you ain't one of those.

There was this couple I once knew who took cameras on vacations and got slides and then when they returned they would invite people for dinner followed by a slide show.. OMG it was horrifying....

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:*Groan* No say it isn't so, you are not one of those kind of people who take lots of photos then expect people to really be interested in your 'adventure'... Please say you ain't one of those.

There was this couple I once knew who took cameras on vacations and got slides and then when they returned they would invite people for dinner followed by a slide show.. OMG it was horrifying....

oh god no.

I am not a middle-aged Korean woman with too much time and money.

I don't bring a camera to concerts (I am surprised at how many people do, or take pictures and video with their phones), but I like to take it with me on holidays.
20 years later, I am still glad I have the pictures.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:There was this couple I once knew who took cameras on vacations and got slides and then when they returned they would invite people for dinner followed by a slide show.. OMG it was horrifying....

Tha is a fate almost worse than death. I hope I'm not one of those people. I attach photos to my mails and people can look at them if they're interested but I would never subject anyone to a boring eveing showing them pictures of dear little Millie building sandcastles, or the facade of the restaurant where you had a meal.

Anyway Bowyn Aerrow, you can judge me from the link I posted.

I carry my phone with me everywhere....

I don't bring a camera but I force my friends who do to send me the photos...

I guess that makes me the lowest kind yet in this thread :o