Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi, I've just registered here and looking foward to meeting some new people.

I'm English but have lived in France for some time, as well as a short period in USA. I worked as an accountant (I know, I know, but we're not all bad) when I had to work, and now I write fiction as one of many hobbies - and that's all it is, since I'm never going to make much cash out of it. I would promote my books here but I don't think that's allowed, which deprives the membership of an amazing literary experience.

I hope there are some rugby fans here, since I love the game. Also cricket, boxing and F1.

Current affairs, the latest developments in science - I trained as a scientist.

I'd better stop writing, since I'm not getting paid by the word.

Regards

Hello, bonjour, Spellbound. I too live in France. Welcome to GaySpeak. My interest in newcomers is generally orientated towards knowing what made them join the site, and also knowing what their experience of gay life is. How long have you known yourself to be gay? Have you had relationships? What were they like? etc etc... Looking forward to hearing a bit more about the English accountant in the centre of France who likes cricket and Formula 1 (amongst other things).
What part of the centre are you living in? The Creuse? The Loire Valley?

Accountants are never known for being bad, they are known for being boring, stable, predictable.:tongue:

Promoting your books is one thing, spamming the site with endless number of links is another. Once you hit 50 posts you will be able to add links to your posts and no one is going to throw their hands up in disgust if you start a thread talking about your book(s) and other writings or linking to where we can get a copy.

Welcome to the boards, hope to see you around and active.

Cheers

Hello ! ! !

We're not getting paid by the word here? That's news to me. Sad

(Welcome to the site.) Wink

princealbertofb Wrote:Hello, bonjour, Spellbound. I too live in France. Welcome to GaySpeak. My interest in newcomers is generally orientated towards knowing what made them join the site, and also knowing what their experience of gay life is. How long have you known yourself to be gay? Have you had relationships? What were they like? etc etc... Looking forward to hearing a bit more about the English accountant in the centre of France who likes cricket and Formula 1 (amongst other things).
What part of the centre are you living in? The Creuse? The Loire Valley?

Thanks for your interest.

I live a small town in the valley of the Cher, which is one down from the Loire.

I had a long relationship with a great guy, but now I'm single again. I guess I always knew I was gay, but didn't really express it much at first. I was really ambitious and buried in my work, and concentrated on that.

I just found this site by googling and liked the look of the posts and the people making them.

Spellbound Wrote:Hi, I've just registered here and looking foward to meeting some new people.

I'm English but have lived in France for some time, as well as a short period in USA. I worked as an accountant (I know, I know, but we're not all bad) when I had to work, and now I write fiction as one of many hobbies - and that's all it is, since I'm never going to make much cash out of it. I would promote my books here but I don't think that's allowed, which deprives the membership of an amazing literary experience.

I hope there are some rugby fans here, since I love the game. Also cricket, boxing and F1.

Current affairs, the latest developments in science - I trained as a scientist.

I'd better stop writing, since I'm not getting paid by the word.

Regards

You talking to a kiwi here rugby is our favourite sport... TBH I think that it's a bit riskgay... Same with most singlesex sports all riskgay. Tho I could almost enjoy boxing... Almost. Kick boxing I think I'd like more.

I must say I'm having trouble with the quote and reply functions. Having replied to Prince Albert I now get that message everytime I use either function. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Bowyn Aerrow, thanks for that information. You're right, I'm pretty predictable!

Kiid, you wait until the Lions come calling; look what we just did to the Wallabies!

Hi Spellbound welcome to GS. Smile what genre do you write?
An eye for an eye

Good question, Dan.... Yes, Spellbound, what genre do you write? Is the stuff 'publishable', do you think? Or is it just for your own fancy?