Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Black Men Becoming More Sensitive?
[Image: 66841_npadvhover.jpg?w=290&h=290&crop=1]

I thought this was a great picture. It is from this article:

http://themastercopy.com/2013/04/09/opin...sensitive/

Maybe it should be called 'Are men becoming more sensitive'.

Things are more equall nowadays, people like living in multicultural society's, racism is shamed upon in the majority. A black man is president of America. black culture and music is loved by many.

Maybe just a lot of black men CAN be more sensitive, as were all just as sensitive (or not) as each other. Just depending on your enviroment, your up-bringing, YOU, and nothing to do with skintone (I believe)

Although what about loui armstrong "i see trees of green, red roses too.... Black-hunk-wave

No, while all Men are becoming or at least are more willing to show their Sensitivity, this is even more Substantial in the Black Community than in most any other.

Of all the White Fathers who bring their sons to the Beach and their kid is crying, almost all of them try to console them or provide "soft love", as opposed to Black Dads who either beat dat ass or are stern with them often saying things like "Big boys don't cry, toughen up man!" And it's not just a Black American thing, it's Black thing everywhere.

And while white parent's sometimes do this as well, it's statistically and on a whole, far less than black parents. It's not a race thing or even a division between the races, but it's just one race displays it more than the other.

My own Uncle often chastised my Femininity, while many white men thought nothing of it. And my Uncle is also Bi-Racial.

Many Black people(usually men) say in disgust, that Black men who are soft, are either gay or not a man and this tends to relieve the stigma of "being Black" to society, as who are you to be more afraid of? The "typical"black male or a more feminine/emotional one?

Atleast this is what I've noticed.

A very interesting Article

Interesting article. I've noticed that Black men are very homophobic. Of course not all of them but it's more common amongst them. It has to do with the idea of what manhood is, because Black people and we White people have a different opinion on what true manhood is.

For me, true manhood is honesty, taking care of closed ones, ambition and courage. On the other side (I'm generalizing a bit here), for Black men true ''manhood'' is having b*tches/money/cars/jewelry. It's just the standards and ideas you're raised with that determine for a big part of what you'll classify as sensitive later. Black men aren't supposed to be ''sensitive'' in their culture, therefore you won't find a sensitive Black men quickly. They do exist of course.

*pokes a black man with a needle and watches him scream in pain*

they seem to be pretty sensitive yes Tongue

EuroGuy1 Wrote:Interesting article. I've noticed that Black men are very homophobic. Of course not all of them but it's more common amongst them. It has to do with the idea of what manhood is, because Black people and we White people have a different opinion on what true manhood is.

For me, true manhood is honesty, taking care of closed ones, ambition and courage. On the other side (I'm generalizing a bit here), for Black men true ''manhood'' is having b*tches/money/cars/jewelry. It's just the standards and ideas you're raised with that determine for a big part of what you'll classify as sensitive later. Black men aren't supposed to be ''sensitive'' in their culture, therefore you won't find a sensitive Black men quickly. They do exist of course.

So by your mentality.... OOOoooo...don't get me started...

Generalizing a bit? That's an understatement.

You being a white man, looking from the outside in, within the boundaries of white "culture", "values", and "privilege", has no say, even "a bit", in what the values are of an ethnic group, different from your own, consists of. Someone's been watching too much MTV, or rap videos on Youtube.

Honesty, taking care of close ones, ambition and courage are universal among all men, not just the white ones. You are insisting that black men are not to be trusted, abandon love ones, are lazy, have no plans for a bright future, and are cowards. Even in a "light" generalization, that's racist, and if anything, highly offensive..

B*tches, money, cars, and jewelry are universal in desire among all men. I'd say it's more of a younger generational value gap, as a whole, than of a racial divide among men, being that we live in such a capitalist-driven world society. Everything is subliminally pushed on consumers to "buy this, buy that, NOW, before it's all gone!", and "You NEED this to live a normal happy life!". Race or ethnicity are not in consideration, when it comes down to worldly desires and prestige.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(exhales)....
Now, in reference to the OP, and topic, I agree that the linked article applies to all men in general, where "macho" is universally sought after.
And to be realistic, men and women are equal in the concept of sensitivity.
We as men just know the right time and place for it, to sustain the illusion of being "tough" to lock in that inherited sub-conscious place of gender superiority.

I have no idea if they're becoming more sensitive or not, but I find them HOT!

I've had sex with a few black guys and they were all gorgeous.

I think men in general are more sissified in the 21st century then they were in the 20th century.

All of that get in touch with your feelings crap plus the Meterosexual Era.

Real men don't cry, real men have only two feelings - happy and anger. Sad - Get angry. Fearful - get angry - angry well just get angrier. Now days guys can admit they are sad, admit they are scared, admit.... well its just disgusting all of these 'in touch with your feelings crap' what are men women?

Sheesh.

:tongue:

Dreamer, what stupid comments, by your reckoning no white person should be aloud to reply to this thread.

Go and SAY what you said to a black guy or asian guy about white people!

Dont jump on euroguy for his comments, and YOU talk about generalisation. Start telling us whats racist yeah!
Ok gotta go now with my EASY PRIVELLAGED life!

And actually dreamer, euroguy did not insist none of those things you said he insisted!