Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consideration for others
Are you considerate? Do you think of other people besides yourself?

Consideration -- Careful thought or a fact or a motive taken into account in deciding or judging something. In this case, consideration of others around you, whether you are in a vehicle, walking, shopping, eating out, or whatever. And its NOT just CONSIDERING an issue, fact, or moment in time...it is acting upon it in a respectful manner.

If you smoke, are you a considerate smoker? Do you smoke "downwind" of others? Do you smoke far away from buildings/doorways? Do you put your ashes/butts in proper containers or just throw them on the ground?

Do you just leave your shopping cart in the middle of the isle as to not let any others past?

Do you tailgate or stop in an unsafe/illegal distance from others on the roads?

Do you stop on, over, or past the legal/safe stopping point when driving.....blocking pedestrian walkways?

Do you stop at all, or just "blow through" red lights and stop signs?

Do you talk, yell, or kick the seat in front of you at a movie theater?

Do you stand, blocking doorways and hallways so others cant get by?

Do you shove your way into or out of elevators?

Do you not ever look where you are walking?

Do you get pissed at your waiter or waitress just because its busy?

Do you ignore your neighbor because they may interfere with your day?

When trying to get someones attention, do you yell "hey you", whistle at them like a dog, or snap your fingers?

Do you talk to someone who is already talking to another, whether it be in person or on the phone?

******THESE ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES*********

Consideration is pretty much just sub-basic manners. Stuff you were born knowing.
Whether you are taught these things or not, they are instinctive. Most people nowadays just refuse to use the most basic of all manners......consideration.

[Image: 6a00d83443531153ef017ee6977770970d-500wi]

Based on those questions, I can honestly say I am very considerate, even angelic.

I often want to kill the son of a bitch, but I refrain, on account of manners.

I'm considerate, but I don't roll out the red carpet for stupid people. I give others the benefit of the doubt, but I take away that privilege once they abuse it.

I was raised to be considerate and am most of the time sometimes I am quilty of losing my temper but for the most part I try to be considerate! Big Grin

Always. No ifs ands or buts, if I'm not courteous,compassionate and Considerate, than I wouldn't be me. Although I will always let a hoe know Wink

Regardless if I have a dirty mouth for a Queen
(Don't you start Tinks! Be Considerate Wink )

Doesn't everyone think they are considerate?

Genersis Wrote:Doesn't everyone think they are considerate?

This is subjective, as yes, as humans we tend to think ourselves in a good light, so as to be accepted or praised, while in reality, where there is good, there is bad, as with light, there is darkness, or rather the absence of light. So while we may think ourselves one way, realistically, we are in fact more or less dualistic in the sense that what we believe or think, is not entirely the same as who we are as people, although is the way we perceive ourselves.

A vain person, while phenomenally beautiful outwardly, usually has atypical signs of ugliness internally and sometimes outwardly as well, manifested in the way they say/do things.

Which is why most people are considerate and think of themselves as so, but are not the epitome of Consideration, as we realistically cannot help everyone, but only those who we encounter and this is not to say in other facets of our lives, are we so.

So yes, most people would think themselves considerate Wink .

I am, but like I said, I would also let a hoe know too :p

Wow, going by that entire list, I'm considerate.

But people tell me I can be way too blunt (especially when I was younger and also on the net), and I do believe that saying things that challenge core concepts or deeply held hypocrisy in a calm manner can actually offend many people more than loud profanity ever could. Though over the years I have learned to suppress my snarkiness (even though it's good natured teasing more often than not) and outright pranks...most of the time. Actually, some people consider any form of self-respect or having a spine to be rudeness...

Genersis Wrote:Doesn't everyone think they are considerate?

This is one of my "research" polls.
This is a sneaky one though.....but Im not telling why.....yet.

MisterTinkles Wrote:This is one of my "research" polls.
This is a sneaky one though.....but Im not telling why.....yet.

I always suspected you was a sneaky bitch Chicken .

Now I know your secret...tralala Sheep