Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT HELP! I need a new monitor for my PC!
And I have no idea what I should be looking for.

Money is no problem, I want to buy the best possible PC monitor I can get.

I thought of a monitor that also works as a tv set. Is this possible?

An in built webcam would be nice, too.

DELL seems to get great reviews. Is it the best brand?

What other features should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance, guys!

I wouldn't say any one brand is particularly better than another, you just need to find one that meets your needs. Size, resolution, input/output, as you mentioned camera, these days a lot have mic pickups too so that you don't need any separate peripherals to video chat.

I don't own a PC just a laptop but do some internet research find what suits your needs.

Richard

From my personal experience I wouldn't touch Dell with a 30 foot bargepole. Their after sales service is abysmal. LG and Samsung make good products.

Thanks guys. What about the tv set thing, is it possible to have both (tv + PC monitor) in one single device?

You can have a TV and a Monitor connected to your PC if you have enough of the relevent display ports for you to do so. I use a TV as my monitor using the HDMI connection. Lots of TVs these days have VGA, DVI and HDMI ports on them.

DO NOT BUY DELL!!!! Its CHEAP shit made to sell.

First you have to know what type of monitor with work with your pc, as they all have different kinds of "plugs" on them. Some are USB, some are the old fashioned kind with the prongs.

Go to a computer superstore or warehouse, ask all your questions to the the tech guys there.
You dont have to buy anything, just get all the information you can, get your questions answered and keep notes.

The do make Flat screen TVs that can also work as monitors, but they are expensive. You also have to have the right kind of computer that will work with them.

I got a 24 inch flat screen monitor on sale for $130.00 last summer, and I love it. Yeah, I would like to have bigger, but this is fine right now.

Do some comparison shopping and talk to several different people who know what they are selling.
Dont get pressured into buying just anything.

Once you find what you want, you might look on Ebay to see if you can get it cheaper.

its hard to know what is available in your country, but some monitors can have multiple inputs, I've always been a fan of the Benq monitors

This gets good reviews.
http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/gw2760hs/

If you want to use it as a tv use one of the DVI connection to your computer and get a settop box that can output via hdmi

Thanks guys.

What about touchscreen technology, is that available? I've seen some Fujitsu monitors that are Windows 8 compatible, is that it?

see if a US based company "NewEgg" will work in your location.
it has moderate prices and lots of new stuff. Their customer reviews are functional. Their shipping is very very fast reliable.

MisterLove Wrote:... tv set thing, is it possible to have both (tv + PC monitor) in one single device?
i would go for buying a usb dongle thingy like Elgato eyeTV. Its tiny but effective and looks funny so small with your father's coax big cable hanging off it. shop around and get what you want as the Elgato is not extremely reliable, the one i have happens to work fine but the companies product reviews are low.