Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
couldnt have happened to better peeps
microsoft:
CEO Steve Ballmer Admits He Made A Huge Mistake, they cant sell the Surface RT tablet
[Image: r-MICROSOFT-MISTAKE-large570.jpg?6]

Translation for non tech-heads?

translation:
buy the iPad

[Image: ipad4_2.jpg]

Too expensive and arbitrarily restricted. It's no surprise really.
Apple has an advantage of just being expensive.

Ah well, there's plenty of better tablets until Microsoft gets it's act together.

Just spent $700 on a super awesome, top of the line desktop.

Why would I spend that same amount on something that is 1/4 the size and doesnt do half as much??
Thats just ignorant.

Ugh, technology in general is just disappointing these days - the only thing surprising about this is that they didn't just sell it anyway for a quick buck :/

i havnt heard a good reason why the Microsoft effort didnt sell as expected
they re-did windows (win8) to have a unified desk top -> tablet look, they kept XP lasted like 22 years
maybe they become corporate charity concept, the CEO looks so sad.

you get a desk top for your home. get a tablet or smart phone because you want to want to watch a movie in bed, gps drive to an unknown place, listen to music at a coffee shop

From my perspective,since Microsoft is a new player in tablet market,there're fewer apps available compared to iOS and android. Sure,the new UI is fancy and tablet-look ,but compared to what iOS and android could offer,Microsoft is falling behind,tablet-wise. Competing at the same price,it's not that appealing to me.

Eh, never been a fan of tablets. I stuggle enough to warrant the need to use a laptop. I am just much happier with a desktop.

Using it as a media device;
- I already have a small desktop running into my HD-TV as that.

Using it for social media garbage;
- I don't use it really. Forums are easier with a real keyboard as well.

Using it for stuff like recipes while cooking, or PDF's while working on cars etc
- I prefer paper, otherwise I'd just use a laptop. Or rig up a remote display on a cheap TV from a central computer somewhere else in my house.

Think you'd have trouble swallowing THAT tablet!