Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famous last words
What they said just before they kicked the bucket!

Perfectly comfortable.

~ Fifth Earl of Aberdeen

Dear me, I must be turning into a God.

~ Vespasian (Roman emperor)

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.

~ Humphrey Bogart

I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself, I seem to have been only a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

~ Sir Issac Newton

There will be no proof that I ever was a writer.

~ Franz Kafka (demanding that all his papers should be burnt)

I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record. After 39 years, this is all I've done.

~ Dylan Thomas

I dont mind dying, but its leaving my man. Who will look after him? What will happen to the poor thing.

~ Rose Rodin

"Et tu, Brute?"

From Wikkie
phrase literally translates to "And you, Brutus?" Or even more literally it translates as "And you, stupid?" "Brutus" means dull or stupid in Latin, and was said to have become the cognomen, or nickname, for the founder of the Roman Republic, and the ancestor of Caesar's assassin, Lucius Junius Brutus, as he pretended for a time to be dimwitted in order to damper any suspicion toward him for his great wealth that the last King of Rome, whom he ultimately deposed, might have held.

Since Partisan & Miles & Bowyan all want to
kill me an
roast me an
eat me an
throw my bones in the dustbin... :crying-and-sorry-li

"Et tu Pamibo"? :biggrin:

My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.

Note: Wilde said this in the Left Bank hotel in Paris where he died on November 30, 1900. The wallpaper has also since gone and the room re-furnished in the style of one of Wilde's London flats. Sometimes misquoted as "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do".
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

John Sedgwick was a general in the Union Army in the American Civil War. He saw many engagements and was wounded by bullets three times - but was seemingly immune to fear.

In his last moments on earth, he said:

They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.

Smite my womb!

~ Agrippina (Mother of the roman emperor Nero)

Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius. Will you remember to pay the debt?

~ Socrates

I did not think they would put a young gentleman to death for such a trifle.

~ Chevalier de la Barre

I can't find the link but a British comedian asked for his obituary to read: 'I Told Them It Was Serious' or something like that.

Spellbound Wrote:I can't find the link but a British comedian asked for his obituary to read: 'I Told Them It Was Serious' or something like that.

Spike Milligan.

From here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Milligan

Quote: He had once quipped that he wanted his headstone to bear the words "I told you I was ill." He was buried at St Thomas's cemetery but the Chichester diocese refused to allow this epitaph. A compromise was reached with the Irish translation, "Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite", and, additionally in English, "Love, light, peace".

Having been refused a British passport, he adopted Irish nationality.

cardiganwearer Wrote:Spike Milligan.

From here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Milligan

Having been refused a British passport, he adopted Irish nationality.

That's it. Thanks.

Lady Nancy Astor (1879-1964) "Jakie, is it my birthday or am I dying?" (Seeing all her children assembled at her bedside in her last illness.)

John Barrymore (1882-1942) Die? I should say not, dear fellow. No Barrymore would allow such a conventional thing to happen to him.

Lou Costello (1906-1959) "That was the best ice-cream soda I ever tasted."

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) "Is it the Fourth?" (4 July 1826)

Karl Marx (1818-1883) "Go on, get out. Last words are for fools who haven't said enough."