Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Bars Dump Russian Vodka
is this a good or bad use of the mothers milk?:
[Image: 6a00d8341c730253ef0192ac399e13970d-800wi]

If only someone had thought of this during the cold war, we could have avoided so much unpleasantness.

It's an excellent idea !!! By dumping Vodka in your sink, you are disinfecting the sink (killing germs). Sinks are havens for germs.

If your dumping Vodka to protest Russia's policies concerning LGBT issues,,, your not going to get the Russian government to change its mind by doing so. On the other hand,,, it does bring national attention to what the Russian government is doing and it makes them look like backwards uneducated hicks.

There are several great Vodka's made in America:

Tito's Handmade Vodka
Skyy Vodka
44* North Vodka
Teton Glacier Vodka
Koenig Potato Vodka

Vodka is so popular, I suspect most countries have companies that produce their own brand.
We Have Elvis !!

Why would one waste such an expensive bottle of yummieness????

I disapprove of the wasting of ANY alcohol. Don't poor it down the sink.. send it to me Big Grin

Narh we should only drink russian vodka... Then the russians won't wana drink it any more >Big Grin

I'm not sure how I feel about this....

Vodka companies don't really have any influence,
on what the countries they live in decide to make laws against.

Should gay Americans stop drinking American vodka,
or using American products that,
despite showing support for the LGBT community,
have no standing
in changing the majority of anti-gay sentiment
lingering within their own laws?

It'd be different,
if these Russian vodka companies
publicly supported their government,
and condemned homosexuality,
but they haven't,
and even in response
said they are inclusive and gay-friendly
(without saying "gay" for obvious reasons).

They're in a tight spot.

If they were to include a rainbow flag
with gay men/women in their advertisements
to show support...
well,
they'd be heavily fined,
prosecuted,
and possibly closed down...

i agree with dreamer...

it's punishing companies who have no dealings with russian laws and punishing people who like vodka neither of which will touch the russian government.

there are a myriad of ways to bring to light the tragedy that is being gay in russia.

I'm not sure how its punishing companies, wait a couple of weeks and the bars will have to rebuy all the stock its a win for the alcohol companies.

Better off boycotting and refusing to buy more rather than just dumping the stock that you currently have.

dvdbwn Wrote:i agree with dreamer; it's punishing companies who have no dealings with Russian laws ...
its more than that:
-the mothers milk is a gay by choice alcohol. Lots of boys and girls would have been better off never to have taken their first sip but they did on their own choice. Cant really say you care to much about he companies who make it.
[SIZE="5"]-Why does Russia do this; "because they can" and the Europe did the same with the Jews. A real issue is: what is the Olympic organization do with all this? Probably nothing, they will sit and let it happen. Hasnt this happened before?[/SIZE]