Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To dye or not to dye
My hair has been getting greyer over the last few months and at 47 I was not expecting it to go grey so soon. Do you think that grey hair on a gay man should be dyed to make me look younger and is a grey haired gay man a turn off to other gay men?

I used to dye, and bleach my hair when I was younger. By the time I got to your age most of it had fallen out. These two things may or may not be related.

Had I still had the benefit of a full head of hair at your age, I would have left well alone.

25 here and I've been getting white hairs since I was 12, I've actually had no problem with others in regards to it and even have had some guys be attracted to me for that reason. I don't plan to ever dye my hair, I shouldn't have to do so to make myself look more attractive to others.

Don't dye your hair to please others, do it to please yourself if you want to change it.

do a good job of it if you decide; match everything like eyebrows, beard.

I'm 24 and don't have any grey hair, but personally I think it's kinda sexy. Id say don't dye it unless it really makes you feel self conscious.

Only dye your hair if you want to. I am 32 and I just found my first grey hair.
An eye for an eye

Fortunately I don't have gray hair yet, but I think it would be better to dye, because gray hair can make you look much older than you are.

I think it should be a decision in terms of your confidence. If you feel like you'd feel more confident hiding your greys, go for it.

I don't think anyone (except from the odd exception) would really care about whether you're grey-haired or not. If you're age isn't a problem to them, I can't imagine grey hair would suddenly make them lose interest, and likewise if a person felt you were too old for them, I don't think dying it would change their opinion. Not saying you're old or anything like that, I just mean that I don't think a bit of grey hair would make you seem any older than you are.

I'll admit that it seems a little early to be going grey, but I guess we all go grey at different times, I don't think it'd change anyone's opinion of you, unless they were particularly shallow.

So in summation, I don't think you should dye your hair, in the sense that I don't think you should feel pressured to, but if you think it's right for you, that's all that really matters Smile

NAddyman Wrote:My hair has been getting greyer over the last few months and at 47 I was not expecting it to go grey so soon. Do you think that grey hair on a gay man should be dyed to make me look younger and is a grey haired gay man a turn off to other gay men?

This might be just me, but I find some men with grey hair really attractive. Especially when they're just going grey and it's mixed in with their natural hair color. It can be kind of sexy on some guys, and signifies maturity to me, but in a good way. I'm attracted to men who are older than me though a lot of the time, so that's just my take.

It depends. Some grey hair looks nice. Mine isnt grey, its more a mousy, dirty, dishwater grey...which looks like I dipped my head in sewage. So I dye my hair all the time. Have been since my 30's.

Ive seen some men with grey hair that it looks really sexy on.

Without a pic, I dont know if you have sexy grey or mousy grey.

You might try some "Just for Men" to see if you like it. If you dont like it, just let it grow out.