Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
religion
[Image: 556245_193371147445541_100003179704192_3...3973_n.jpg]

Funny.
A notable number of people say similar about being gay too.

I say the first two lines of the third paragraph aren't true...unless ones religious practices involves actually whipping out one's penis, or something else obscene or law breaking/right infringing. The answer's not so broad as no religion in public ever.

pellaz Wrote:[Image: 556245_193371147445541_100003179704192_3...3973_n.jpg]

It's missing that part about shoving it down children's throats.

Quite right. If adults wish to to make a choice, then they can, in an informed way. Children have no chance to do that; as someone said, give me a man for the first 7 years of his life, and you can have the rest (I dunno who). People find it very difficult to cast off childhood conditioning.

pellaz Wrote:[Image: 556245_193371147445541_100003179704192_3...3973_n.jpg]

Counselor Wrote:It's missing that part about shoving it down children's throats.

Oh I get it now.

Since I have a faith that means I am like a rapist or a child molester.

Gee thanks...

Thanks for the bashing, thanks for the insinuation that I am a terrible person, thanks for thinking about who you affect when you start a hate thread.

Most of all, thanks for giving me a good reason to leave gay speak.

No, I'm not self deleting my account. It stays. I am just deleting the book mark.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Oh I get it now.

Gee thanks...

Thanks for the bashing, thanks for the insinuation that I am a terrible person, thanks for thinking about who you affect when you start a hate thread.

No, I'm not self deleting my account. It stays. I am just deleting the book mark.

Somehow I thought you had thicker skin than this.

Gee thanks...

I don't think that's what he meant. It's just that children shouldn't be indictrinated.

Jesus Christ, BA! Grow a set of balls, or maybe a backbone. This isn't like you.

I have a great deal of respect for religion, but I think it should be fair game for humor and ridicule. It's a shame that people's self-image gets so strongly tangled with their religion, or religious trauma, that we can't even mention the subject here without someone instantly throwing a fit and/or disappearing from the forum.

If there is something like God out there, there's only one way I can make sense of the world -- the divine has an infinite sense of humor.

Counselor Wrote:It's missing that part about shoving it down children's throats.

And abusing, misusing, torturing, and murdering people who dont think your penis is the best, and worshiping it.

Gee thanks...

Now, now.
Dont make me pull this website over and give out some spankings!!
LOL

I think this was a broad generalization of someones perception of religion....the person who made the sign, not the one who posted it. If I had found this sign online, I certainly would have posted it!!!

When I first got on this site, there was a LOT of religion bashing going around. Even you and I "got into it" at one point.

You were not pointed out specifically. The posted sign made reference to religion. It didnt say which one or identify any specific person.

You know my feelings on religion, yet you have accepted this from me. Why not from others?

Now if your name had specifically been mentioned, then yeah......I can understand your response. But this was just a general thread posted. I presume it was meant more for a lark than something serious.......because the word "penis" was used.

:hugs-and-kisses-smi