Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2 working days week!
I just had the most AMAZING weekend ever and I'm going to have an even more week!Yesterday was national Freedom Day (to commerate the first democratic elections in 1994) then today & Wednesday are normal working days then Thursday is Worker's Day and because our goverment is cool like that,they're giving us Friday off which will be followed by the weekend which means more time for my Rey!Life is beautiful!

Damn I like your gov't! They'd never do summat like that over here!!

So enjoy your time off!!! I'm sure you deserve to!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Damn I like your gov't! They'd never do summat like that over here!!

So enjoy your time off!!! I'm sure you deserve to!

Isn't this coming Thursday a holiday for you guys in Britain too???
Shock! Horror! (if it isn't)... It's worker's day here too, but I'm not getting the whole weekend off and Fridays are my busy day but I doubt that all my students will turn up. They usually don't. Rolleyes

princealbertofb Wrote:Isn't this coming Thursday a holiday for you guys in Britain too???
Shock! Horror! (if it isn't)... It's worker's day here too, but I'm not getting the whole weekend off and Fridays are my busy day but I doubt that all my students will turn up. They usually don't. Rolleyes

Nope... next Monday is May-Day bank holiday (public holiday).. but I'm working!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Nope... next Monday is May-Day bank holiday (public holiday).. but I'm working!

Well, SHOCK HORROR then

princealbertofb Wrote:Well, SHOCK HORROR then

I'm not shocked.. the Brits seem to get very few bank holidays compared to most of the world!

Although I do believe we usually get more annual holiday allowances than a lot of places??

Hey, we don't even get St. Georges Day off!!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I'm not shocked.. the Brits seem to get very few bank holidays compared to most of the world!

Although I do believe we usually get more annual holiday allowances than a lot of places??

Hey, we don't even get St. Georges Day off!!

I was just queening it out a bit, WouldLike,... you know me... always a bit of a drama queen (not)... lol. But everything is ok if you have more holidays than most. May 1st seems to be a holiday for several European countries including, I believe, Switzerland. Confusedmile:

By bank holiday,you mean public holiday? :confused:

Dan1089 Wrote:By bank holiday,you mean public holiday? :confused:

Yes, a weird expression that the British use based on times when banks would give their employees a holiday from the teller's desk...
bank holiday
noun in the UK: any one of several days in the year on which banks are closed, usually observed as a public holiday.

i didnt no it was called a bank holiday for that reason lol

u learn sumthing new every day lol