Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradley Manning
Bradley Manning, the young US Army private recently convicted and sentenced to 35 years in a military prison for leaking secrets to Wikileaks, has today announced that she is in fact a transgendered woman and wants to start HRT as soon as possible.

Chelsea, as she wishes to be known, said that she now wants to live her life as the real me.

Quite a courageous move if you ask me, more so given where she will serve her sentance.

ObW
X

Once she's a woman, will she be transferred to a female prison? Come to think of it, maybe she'd prefer to stay where she is....Saeek

It's a sad day for America and a great day for its enemies.

Any chance President Obama can still intervene and grant him some sort of pardon or commutation of sentence?

I guess this shows that Assange was right and not paranoid at all...

sad day and in the longer time frame very bad for the US

Manning is being sent to Fort Leavenworth military prison. I doubt Manning will be allowed to receive hormone treatment at this prison.
We Have Elvis !!

Poor guy(girl?). I don't think they'll allow hormone therapy but no matter what, it's pretty clear that he will face a great deal of abuse in prison. Horrible, horrible decision. So unfair.

Whilst everyone is lionising Manning, I wonder if anyone has paused to think about the lives s/he has put in danger as a result of the disclosures.

When jihads capture anyone suspected of working for the Americans and their allies they are summarily sentenced to death by a quickly convened religious Kangaroo Court.

Execution is not pleasant and usually involves beheading.

Beheading, but not quickly and cleanly as you would expect from a judicial execution in Saudi Arabia in which the executioner uses a sword to strike off the condemned's head in one blow. These beheadings are carried out with a large knife. The victims head is calved from his body and it can take up to two minutes to completely remove the head.

If the victim is lucky, they'll simply shoot him in the back of the head with an AK47.

I've put up a link to a beheading video. I warn you now, it's particularly graphic but will give you a clear indication of what happens to any operative or suspected operative caught by Islamic terrorists. The victims in this video were Catholic priests but the principle and the fate are the same.

(Link voluntarily removed 17:10 +1 GMT 23.08.13)

Secrets are secret for a reason!

Vigilias, can you present us one single case of an American citizen that was killed or hurt because of Manning's revelations or all you have is the usual clichés + scary video that has no connection whatsoever with the trial in question?

I have removed the link. Perhaps it was a mistake to post a link which depicts an act of murder. My apologies to anyone shocked and offended.

I cannot provide details of anyone of any nationality who has been harmed by Manning's disclosures.

I believe the fate of the unfortunate individuals in that video are linked to the Manning case only generally. This is the fate that awaits any westerner, military or civilian, captured by Jihads. Those who no longer follow Islam or a version of it followed by Islamic extremists (Apostates) can also look forward to this method of tortuous execution.

We don't know what harm Maning's leaks have caused, perhaps a more pertinent question is what did Manning hope to achieve by disclosing information so detrimental to the fight against terrorism.

My aim in posting was to add my opinion to the rest. That done, I now move on.

Vigilias Wrote:I cannot provide details of anyone of any nationality who has been harmed by Manning's disclosures.

That's because no one has been harmed by Manning's whistle-blowing.

Any Islamist that carries out the slaying of American's
does so on the premise of the twisted corruption,
and crimes against humanity perpetrated by the American military
in their countries to their people.

Such violations of decency long known and experienced by their people,
way before Manning's leaks,
and finally disclosed to the American people,
thanks to her.

Vigilias Wrote:What did Manning hope to achieve by disclosing information so detrimental to the fight against terrorism.

Her whistle-blowing was an effort to inform the everyday complacent,
oblivious American of the endless abuses conducted by their government with their tax-paying pennies.

She risked her life and freedom to break through the latent propaganda media shield that keeps Americans distracted and ignorant of the truths about their fucked up government.

It was not an attempt to aid the enemy
(unless that enemy is the American people),
but to inform American's on what they would otherwise be clueless about.

A hero, in my book, just like Snowden!

Their purpose of leaking the information they did was the same!