Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wannabe stalker
It was funny at first but I'm not laughing anymore.About two months ago,I started receiving anonymous phone calls on my cellphone during the night.I paid no attention to it until about a month ago when the phone calls came in even later and I could hear deep breathing.I've notified my service provider but they can't help me because the number is always private.It's strange since I hardly give out my number.I've started switching off my phone at night.Has something like this ever happened to you?

Not to the degree of deep breathing, but yeh, we've often had silent calls... difference with us though.. we think we knew who it was half the time.

If it's getting to you, could give the cops a call (no pun), the person behind the phone calls could probably be done for harrassment.

The thing is I have NO idea on who the culprit would be.Except for my boy and the fellows from the wellness centre,I havent real ly met anybody new.

Dan1089 Wrote:The thing is I have NO idea on who the culprit would be.Except for my boy and the fellows from the wellness centre,I havent real ly met anybody new.

If its freaking you out, then deffo get the cops onto it, they'll be able to trace the calls.

Sadly I've got a very similar problem at the moment but am choosing to ignore it. Maybe I shouldn't... good luck anyway

Yikes that's not good. Can't say I've really ever had an issue like that before. Good luck, hope it gets sorted soon coz it would really freak me out!

I don't feel threatened...as yet.It's just that its highly annoying & I can't afford to switch my phone off at night.Trey had the biggest fright about two weeks ago.He answered my phone during the wee hours of the night,there was no sound then all of a sudden,a voice shouted "BOO".My pumpkin dropped the phone & immediately woke me up.He was so shaken & scared.Had to cuddle him all night.Maybe I should be scared too.I miss him SO much now.

I had something like that, i didnt knew the guy but he didnt try to hide himself. He was trying to date me and got my number from someone else which shall say i didnt appreciate the whole situation very much.

Dan if that continues you can either ignore it or change number. You could also do what i did, get another new phone with a new number number which you give to a few selected people and you have it on during the night too for emergencies ect. Your old one you have it for work and general use. If you dont want to have 2 phone bills then have on of the numbers as 'pay as you go' that you topup when you want.

Dan1089 Wrote:I don't feel threatened...as yet.It's just that its highly annoying & I can't afford to switch my phone off at night.Trey had the biggest fright about two weeks ago.He answered my phone during the wee hours of the night,there was no sound then all of a sudden,a voice shouted "BOO".My pumpkin dropped the phone & immediately woke me up.He was so shaken & scared.Had to cuddle him all night.Maybe I should be scared too.I miss him SO much now.

Aww you two sound so nice and it is very sweet, i hope you will forgive me though because this 'Boo' thing made me laugh a little :redface:

Roflmao Don't sweat it spoty because I was also dying to laugh but was so touched by his vulnerablility.I already have two phones,one for work & the other for my personal life.I don't want to change my number for the idiot though plus I dont want all that inconvenience.S/he didn't call last night at least.

I'm surprised that your phone company cannot take some action against this idiot, even if the number is "private". While they may not be able to give you the number, they must be able to track the call.
Another thought, do they offer an intervention service where incoming calls to your phone are intercepted before being allowed through?

I'm glad you seem to be in good spirits about this, but hoax calls are a gross infringement into our privacy and potentially into our wellbeing. I hope it stops soon. Even if it turns out to be someone's idea of a joke it is not a joke for the one receiving this attention and the caller must be made accountable for their stupidity.

Good luck.