Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey fellas! (A story inside)
I'll start off by saying that i, myself, am not a gay male. in fact, i'm very straight, and i'm going to be brutally honest with all of you for this story's purpose.

Through my life i've had terrible encounters with the gay community, all to the point where i would even say i hated the gay community. They would make remarks about my looks, about wanting to f*ck me, saying i dressed too good to be straight (this one is something of a compliment and a hurtful thing to say). I never bullied any gay people, nor did i go out of my way to bash them on the streets or on the forums, i simply, avoided them.

That is, until a few years ago. Let me introduce [John], he's my best pal. Childhood friends even. We did everything together, we caught toads down by the river when we were young, we road our bikes all over the neighbourhood, we dared each other to do STUPID things, (one time we would just go up to random people and challenge them to a rap battle lol) we joined the same sports teams, and even attended the same Highschool and University. He's a great guy, we were always talking about which girl's looked good, or who he was going to ask out, etc etc.

A few years ago, however, he comes up to me and asks me to listen to a story of his, a story of shame and embarrassment, of lust and sin. One that i wasn't prepared for, nothing could have, at that moment, blew my mind. He told me he was gay, how he had a life outside of our friendship and how he couldn't tell me, or anyone else, because of how i would judge him and look at him. He told me that he was telling me now because him and his boyfriend decided to tell everyone they were together and i was the first one he told.

I assured him that i wouldn't judge him and that he was still like a brother to me. I promised him this. From that day on, nothing about us has changed. He and I still hang out, we still talk about our lives, dare each other, go out to bars, party, and play games. That's the beauty of it. It's something i failed to realize. The Gay community is just like the Straght, Bi, or Transsexual community. We have our bad apples and we have our good apples. I learned to see Gay's in a different light, i don't judge anymore and talk to them normally, there is no hatred or anger, no disgust. There's nothing. We're all equal, we're all people. just because we choose a different partner doesn't mean anything.

Because of the recent events, i was compelled to try and aware the world and break down the barrier as much as i can, even if one person see's differently then i've done my work. I don't want to spam this website with my website, so i'll just ask if you guys could take a look and tell me what you think! Thanks. Any criticism are welcome and if you would want something up there that isn't, please don't be afraid to ask.

www . makethemjelly . com

-I'm Zack, by the way! Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Welcome to GS Smile

Hey Zack - sorry to hear about your early unsavory experience, but glad to see things turned around.

Welcome to gs

Hey Zack! Sorry about how the dem bad apples treated you Sad Well I'm glad things turned around for you!

Welcome to Gayspeak!

welcomeXyxwave, I like the site by the way.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

i had a crappy first experience with people . starting to change my mind about some of them though

welcome to gs

Thanks guys, appreciate it Smile

Welcome to GS. I've looked at your website and I would love the bamboo keyboard but it it only comes in a standard English version, it's no use to me. Does it come in Spanish?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Nice story to share he is lucky to have a friend like you when i told my closest straight guy friend
he wanted noting to do with me that was 5 Years ago and still noting see him the odd time and its like
our friendship didnt exist , so you are a Legend :-)

LONDONER Wrote:Welcome to GS. I've looked at your website and I would love the bamboo keyboard but it it only comes in a standard English version, it's no use to me. Does it come in Spanish?

Hey! First of all, i'd like to say thanks! Glad you like something there Smile (It's hard finding good quality Pride shirts! Who knew!!?)

Did you mean something like this?
spanishdict . com/answers/186854/how-do-i-change-my-keyboard-so-i-can-write-an-essay-in-spanish

Or do you literally mean the keys are in Spanish? (Ex. The keys would be lettered like á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ, ¿, ¡)