Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
church
gfdhgfhjgfjhgfjhfg

This reminds me of when I was about 7 years-old and my grandparents took me to visit my Welsh auntie and uncle in Llansanffraid Glan Conwy,

A particularly beautiful part of North Wales, Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, usually shortened to Glan Conwy, is a village in Conwy County Borough, Wales. The name translates from the Welsh as Church of St Ffraid on the bank of the River Conwy.

The street where they lived looks over the river and bay and on to Conwy Castle. Of course these days, all the houses where the locals grew up are now holiday homes.

My Uncle was the caretaker of the local church, St Bridget's or St Brides. St Bridget, incidentally, came over the sea from Ireland... on a piece of turf, if you please!

We went to his church which he unlocked and we went in to have a look around. I got bored with this and began to play aeroplanes up and down the isle. The adults in their turn got fed up with this and my uncle played a practical joke on me which has become legend in my family.

Half way down the isle, running at top speed I heard the voice of God himself! "COME BACK LITTLE BOY!" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to the adults, wide eyed with amazement. I couldn't understand why they were creased up laughing when I had just heard the voice of the almighty.

Odd how God spoke in a Welsh accent. It was my uncle on the newly installed P.A. system. He'd turned it on and climbed in to the pulpit where a microphone had been installed.

The Bugger!

I wish there was a gay friendly church near where I live. I would like to start going again.

Pagans and Unitarians, yes. I'm sure there are gay friendly Christian churches around here but I don't know of them.

One evil preacher learned my bisexual partner had fallen in love for me so used his daughter to try to manipulate my partner to hear a sermon on how gays were evil and she needed to drop me (he actually used examples from my life, I was in the sermon!). However, my partner refused to go to church and I figured that the young girl who got our girl to go was simply doing a "come hear my daddy" rather than being used by her daddy so I took her to the church with a positive attitude. Wow was I shocked.

Still, that sermon and the evil acts he followed up with made damn sure our girl will never be a Christian and the Death Eaters in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows P. 1 (which came out about a month later, IIRC) reminded her of that preacher others like him.

That was my 2nd (and LAST) time in a Baptist church. The 1st time (when I was 13, same age as my girl in her 1st time/my 2nd time) left a very rotten impression on me, too.

Pix Wrote:Pagans and Unitarians, yes. I'm sure there are gay friendly Christian churches around here but I don't know of them.

One evil preacher learned my bisexual partner had fallen in love for me so used his daughter to try to manipulate my partner to hear a sermon on how gays were evil and she needed to drop me (he actually used examples from my life, I was in the sermon!). However, my partner refused to go to church and I figured that the young girl who got our girl to go was simply doing a "come hear my daddy" rather than being used by her daddy so I took her to the church with a positive attitude. Wow was I shocked.

Still, that sermon and the evil acts he followed up with made damn sure our girl will never be a Christian and the Death Eaters in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows P. 1 (which came out about a month later, IIRC) reminded her of that preacher others like him.

That was my 2nd (and LAST) time in a Baptist church. The 1st time (when I was 13, same age as my girl in her 1st time/my 2nd time) left a very rotten impression on me, too.

That is horrible. It makes me sad to see so many bigots out there. Preaching saying how God hates them.

It gives Christians a bad name. Not all of us are like that. I am best friends with my old preachers daughter and she has done nothing but support me.

Big hugs to you for having such a horrible experience

there's the Unitarian Church of Christ in Toledo, but that's all i know about

4 years ago,
I agreed to go to a gay church
with some friends who would regularly attend,
after they talked me into it.

I didn't like it one bit.

It was like the twilight zone on acid.

The entire time I reminisced of my past church-life experiences,
when I was a god fearing boy,
while trying to embrace the current setting I found myself in....

The preacher was this fat butch lesbian with tattoos and piercings everywhere.

There were gay flags hanging near the alter,
and a singing choir consisting of every letter in "LGBT".

Truly bizarre.

It seemed borderline desperate and superficial to have an entire church created for LGBT people just so they could fulfill this long sought after validation, that they were indeed accepted by god as GLBT people, after they were shamed and disowned by their old places of worship.....

The irony was too thick for me to handle.

Too each his own....

I can't take him seriously with him trying to talk all serious with his shirt off.

I was baptized in a United Church of Canada, which is the largest Protestant denomination in Canada, and is a gay affirming church (some congregations opt out of performing gay marriages though the ones in Montreal I know all perform them). There is also a Unitarian church in Montreal. On the fringes, the Raelians are gay friendly but complete nuts. There is also a church of Priapus, but that's mostly just an orgy club that pretends to be a gay religion.

All religion is man-made, I don't want to go to church, I dont need to go to church, I dont believe in Jesus, just like I dont believe in Allah (sbuh). i dont feel part of the lgbt community, certainly not the L or T part and i dont want to be trapped in a building with them, making up make believe storys when god is clearly a cruel, indifferent piece of shit.