Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all
Hello all,
Good to find a site with so many people talking sense, supporting each other and just having a good old chat.
Feel free to send me a message, I'm always up for making new friends.
Cheers,
Solomon.

Hey Solomon, welcome to Gayspeak.Confusedmile:

Hey Seth, welcome to the boards.
We're a friendly bunch really... :biggrin:

Have fun Confusedmile:

welcome to the site.

Stay a while and participate when you can.

Welcome to GS, Solomon.

Hey Solomon, Welcome Welcome

Hello Solomon, so what's your story?

The short (a bit about myself), or the long (my life right now)?

Solomon Wrote:The short (a bit about myself), or the long (my life right now)?

Could we have a bit of both? It would be nice to get to know you.Confusedmile:

Sure. Well, here goes.

I'm 20, living in Devon, England. Beautiful part of the world.

I've done quite alot with my few years so far, in work and play.

I've been a male suit advisor, a labourer, a trainee carpenter (which I'd like to go back to), and a barman (which I loved, but was bad for my health).

I like collecting knowledge and merging and refining it to make something that fits me. I've studied three martial arts, ceramics, bushcraft, suvival and I dont know how many religions, beliefs and faiths.

I've travelled the UK, Ireland, parts of Europe, Turkey and India.

I didn't accept that I was gay till very recently (about 3 months ago), I always thought I was 'bisexual' but then I thought everyone was abit 'bisexual'. It hit me quite hard, I was scared of rejection and most of all dissapointing my parents who I love above everyone. Also, I'd always had an image of how life should be, kids, a family, etc., so when I finally knew, I tried to hide from it. I was one step from becoming a full blown alcoholic, until, about a month ago I couldn't hack it anymore. I tried to tell my parents, but every time I just choked on the words. Being drunk and wasted all the time didn't help either, I wasn't exactly thinking rationally.

So, instead of facing up to the fact and coming to terms with it, I booked a ticket to India and went down to Goa where I knew I wouldn't know anyone. My head started to clear, because I was around strangers, there was no need to hide any part of myself. I stopped drinking and started getting my self together.

The turning point really came when I was sitting in a little beach cafe. A bluegrass song came on. One of the first lyrics was "it's better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you'r not". I told my parents the same day, just came straight out with it. Me being in Goa and my parents being in England we didn't really talk much about it then. They reassured me they didn't mind. The only thing they were upset about was what I had put myself through to get to that point.

I got the next flight home, when I got in my Dad gave me a hug, which he doesn't usually do, it was that was needed to let me know he was comfortable with me being gay. I feel so lucky (and foolish for not realising it before) now to have family like that around me. I know a lot of people have it a lot harder.

I’ve got a long way to go till I’m OUT, but I’m heading in the right direction. I’ve got into the right mindstate. If people don’t like me for who I am then (‘scuse the language) ‘they can go get ‘em selves f**ked!’

So, here I am, I’ve joined GaySpeak to talk to some likeminded people that have been through, are going through, or are well past the same experiences. And, of course just to meet some nice people and share some good times.

Cheers,
Solomon.