Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
''Aliens''
That's the term used to refer to illegal immigrants.So how do you feel about foreigners illegally settling in your country?And how about xenophobia?Have you ever witnessed it?Thousands of Africans flee to SA or Europe inorder to get better lives for themselves & their families.I really don't know what this thread is about but it's caused by a recent attack by South Africans on Zimbabweans in SA and they claim that they're taking "our" jobs & are criminals.What do you make of all these people that suddenly pitched up?

I'm torn in two.
Part of me thinks, freedom of movement. I know friends who have emigrated to Australia & New Zealand for a better life. Who am I to not judge my friends for emigrating to other countries but to judge others for coming to mine? So this part of me thinks, good on them

But the other part of me is not at all happy with the ones that refuse to integrate into our society, that make themselves outcasts and then moan about it. I am not happy with those that come over for a better life, give nothing back, and it's all at our cost. If they're willing to get themselves a job and work for a living, then fair doos, can't fault them. If they're willing to learn the language and involve themselves with the natives of the country, into which they've fled, then fair enough.

Smurlos Wrote:I'm torn in two.
Part of me thinks, freedom of movement. I know friends who have emigrated to Australia & New Zealand for a better life. Who am I to not judge my friends for emigrating to other countries but to judge others for coming to mine? So this part of me thinks, good on them

But the other part of me is not at all happy with the ones that refuse to integrate into our society, that make themselves outcasts and then moan about it. I am not happy with those that come over for a better life, give nothing back, and it's all at our cost. If they're willing to get themselves a job and work for a living, then fair doos, can't fault them. If they're willing to learn the language and involve themselves with the natives of the country, into which they've fled, then fair enough.

Well said Mr Smurlos!!!!

I for one dont think I could ever move to a diffrent countary, I think ive got to many ties with freiends and family. I wouldnt even like to move to a diffrent county!

There is a great movie that deals with the issue of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico to the United States. I thought it touched on the topic so well. It's called "Under the Same Moon" or "La Misma Luna".

I guess I can't really complain much about imigrants. Both my parents are migrated from Cuba and my boyfriend did too. My boyfriend does complain from time to time about this country but I remind him that every country is different.

The Japanese call all NON Japanese aliens. You could be born in Japan but you will never be Japanese and always an alien...

My bf is Japanese and would like to live in USA but unless we come up with $500,000 to start a biz here he cant live here. Of course if he was a woman I could get married and we would live happily ever after.

The border issue is very complex as the government acknowledges that terrorists are crossing the border from Mexico but the big corps need the slave labor so the border remains open = money always wins out.

I have no problems with people coming into the USA seeking a better life.... but if they plan on using public services, they need to pay taxes like the rest of us.

Open the boarder, that's fine with me. Allow people to work to support their family. But I do have a problem when their children (who often can't speak english) come into the schools and use up resources that their parents didn't pay into w/ taxes, or when their parents get social security or free medical care.

I'm sure people will disagree with me... but why should families who pay taxes and can't afford basic health insurance be forced to pay for others care when those individuals don't pay taxes. I hate the fact there are working poor. I know of a lady and her husband that are both work 2-3 jobs to support themselves and their 2 kids. They made $7 more than the limit and were denied food stamps. that is some serious BS when there are individuals I know of that don't pay any taxes (get paid under the table) and some how stillg et food stamps. Don't know HOW they do it, but they are able to.