Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lightning show
Two nights ago was the most amazing thunder & lightning ive ever seen, it lasted maybe 10 minutes, the whole sky was changing colours in moments like different lenses on a camera, the people who were out in the street (11pm) were in near hysteria, one lady nearly fell off her bike, one tremendous thunder sent a shop alarm and a car alarm off at the same time! the lightning looked like it was just beyond the rooftops out to sea, it was scary but one of the most beautiful things ive ever seen, the thunder was the loudest noise ive ever heard, like tall buildings falling down, one time i got scared lol it just kept escalating, i needed a thunder buddy, ive never seen such lightning, well anyway i checked for news about it the next day and somebodys loft had been hit by lightning and set on fire!

Yeah I saw that movie it starred Tom Cruise and ended up with most of the world being destroyed by stranger Tripod Machines.

I can understand the terror of Kentians (or what ever you call people from Kent).

[Image: war-of-the-worlds.jpg]

I dont know why, but here in Texas, huge thunderstorms with "shows" that go on for anywhere from 30 minutes to hours, only are seen in West Texas areas where its flatlands.

In the mid to Eastern half of Texas, we still get thunderstorms, but if there is any "show" going on, its only a few seconds or a couple of minutes.

Still, I like to go outside and watch.
And no, Im not scared about getting hit by lightning.
If I do get hit by lighting, I will just yell "SHAZAM"!!

We used to get lightning storms like the one in this video. I think the weather man said it has something to do with the humidity here. It lasted for a while I want to say one hour, and it wasn't a lot of thunder.

[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I love watching storms but only from a safe place. I was outside once when lightning hit 100 feet in front of me. It was close enough for me to take a hint haha.

i wanted to go outside when it was happening though it was late an couldnt be bothered so i just stuck my head out the window... SHAZAM!

yes bowyn i was expecting tripods to come out the ground :p

ceez Wrote:We used to get lightning storms like the one in this video. I think the weather man said it has something to do with the humidity here. It lasted for a while I want to say one hour, and it wasn't a lot of thunder.

Oh yeah. This stuff was more prevalent when I was younger. During the spring time, we would sit outside and watch this for hours sometimes.

Since the weather patterns have changed all over the world, we dont see them here very often anymore.

One of the finest things I've ever seen in my country was a storm-eruption combo when Chaitén volcano went ballistic in 2008..

not cool for the town of Chaitén of course, which was obliterated, but I mean the colors and the light where amazing...like all hell was breaking loose and doomsday was upon us.

[Image: chaiten5.jpg]

[Image: chaiten5a.jpg]

A guy I know from Florida says because of how the land is that you can be hit by lightning even on a clear day....like there's lightning scores of miles away but it can somehow reach a place (or a person) who's under blue skies...granted, it's rare in the extreme for that to happen, but it's creepy to think about how you're enjoying a nice sunny day but could be struck down at any time (maybe while you're running for your life from someone "standing his ground" :tongue: ).

Darwin, in the Australian Northern Territory is the most prone area in the world to lightning strikes. It is not unusual to have a thunderstorm every afternoon in the monsoon season there.

Where I am in the sub-tropic, storms are pretty much a weekly event and I just love them, they mesmerise me.