Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divas and gay men
I question my is I think quite straight forward. I wonder way gay men love divas like Byonce, Lady GaGa, Pink etc. For me it is that I want to be them and whenever I listen to their music all I can think of is gorgeous guys and in the process getting turned on by them. It is different with hot guys when I listen their music usually there is no effect unless I fancy them already but when watching a video of the song I get turned on by watching them. May be I am just strange, but would be interested in others thoughts?

Widdedjay, interesting question, and I love to read what others think. I don't like 'female' singers or songstresses enough to like them as 'divas' the way gay men do. (For me), someone has to have exceptional singing ability or style to earn that title. But then, I do not listen to pop singers for relaxation, except to find out what they are like briefly. That's so I know whom others are referring to.
I listen to classical crossover genre and prefer male artists (e.g., Josh Groban & Andrea Bocelli).

It's cos gay men are Divas or at least I know a good bunch of diva boys. I myself would rather not be one. I love it when people can be them selves Diva away my diva boys >.o

I like to listen to their song, but I can't say I'm a diva boy. I love boyband, male singer, and band, even power metal.

I think gay men identify with strong women simply because they embody masculine and feminine characteristics; it's the duality that I think gay men understand and appreciate because we have it as well.

That said, some of us have WAY different tastes in "divas". Beyonce and Pink can fuck off as far as I'm concerned— I'm more of a Courtney Love, Siouxsie Sioux type of person as far as "divas" go.

i agree that gay men relate due to them expressing confidence. on a personal, I'm all about singing some empowering woman song. I'm every woman. its all in me...
i relate, cause, i want it to rain men. lol, singing about putting a man in check, getting his attention, being strong and doing it with style?
i could only hope to be so lucky.
we as a group are drawn to grace, and confidence. i think anyway. things extreme masculinity lack... subtleties. gestures, looks, body language.
seeing anyone, with such confidence, makes me look. male or female. if shes done up nicely, hell, Halloween is right around the corner, "imitation is the highest form of flattery"

never understood it myself, there are very few female singer I actually enjoy because I think too many of them sing 'sex' and lolly pop crap. I adore Alanis Morrisette, Janis Joplin, Avril Lavigne, Cindi Lauper, Annie Lennox/Eurythmics, Sinead O'Conner, Tracey Chapman and a couple of Justin Beiber...she will only improve as she get older and stops acting childish.

My favorite diva is and always will be Marlene 'blue angel' Dietrich. Amazing looks, talent and courage, that lady had it all.

Yes it's a stereotype. That said, I have a lot of Streisand albums. Turns out she earned her fame using sheer talent.

starbelly Wrote:Beyonce and Pink can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

this + 1000