Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same-Sex Marriage
Same-sex marriage is something that most countries are still trying to wrap their head around or get legalized. Canada is the first country (I think) to accept same-sex marriage (it was legalized in the early-to-mid 2000's. A same sex marriage ceremony is different than an opposite sex marriage ceremony. I personally have never been to a same-sex wedding, but I hope to in the future.

Daniel Smile

In France, it was a good drama before it was accepted. It was entertaining to see how stupid some people could be.

Ekwarph,
It is just not right how some people still can't accept gay marriage. It just is sickening. It is the 20th Century. Some people need to get over it and get a dose of reality.

Completely agree, yes...

Why can't people just accept it and move on? It is no one else's business who someone gets married too.

DandJforever Wrote:Ekwarph,
It is just not right how some people still can't accept gay marriage. It just is sickening. It is the 20th Century. Some people need to get over it and get a dose of reality.

Well actually its the 21st century... although many people still have a decidedly 20th century attitude.

There is gay marriage in what 14 US states now? Back when I was your age gay marriage was the impossible dream, people were being treated in mental wards with electroshock therapies to 'cure' the disorder of homosexuality.

Any one in military had to answer truthfully when asked 'Are you a homo?'. Most states had laws, enforceable laws against all acts of gay sex - it was literally illegal to be or act on homosexuality.

You maintained a job by staying as far in the closet as possible. They could and often did fire people for being gay. Rights - LGBT didn't have any.

Just because you are a 22 year old homo who didn't grow up in that world doesn't mean that the majority of the population are gay or that young. The majority are old, straight and clearly recall the day when they didn't have to put up with homosexuals and their perverted ways.

That whole shift from intolerance to tolerance is a major, and actually incredibly swift shift. It is actually incredible that so many have actually shifted from unacceptable to 'meh I no longer care'.

While you are sitting there complaining it isn't happening fast enough, I'm sitting here stunned that there is any gay marriage anywhere on earth - and floored by the fact a black man sits as president of These United States - two things that were never supposed to happen in my life time.

Netherlands No. 1; If I remember correctly.
But then, it's the Netherlands...
:tongue:

Genersis Wrote:Netherlands No. 1; If I remember correctly.
But then, it's the Netherlands...
:tongue:

You are correct sir.

Netherlands 2001
Belgium 2003
Spain 2005
Canada (2005 nationally, a number of provinces had legalized it since 2003)

Denmark had something like domestic partnerships as early as 1989.

No drama here in nz for it. It was pulled from the ballotbox and PMs voted for it and it got passed pew pew pew

we need to change the subject from 'same sex marriage' to 'marriage'

Marriage is not a religious institute, it is a concept that was stolen by religion and turned into something that it was never intended to be...EXCLUSIVE.