Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addicted to Carbs
Well. It's in the title.
I'm a carbohydrate addict. I eat everything with bread. I even sometimes eat bread with bread -.-

My diet it pretty good. I have a low sugar intake moderate fat intake and a high carb intake also I eat my greens.

I guess I'm looking for something a bit more on the protein side of life to snack on?

How do you bread with bread isn't that just bread. o.o

If you have like a day, you can make some snacks out of like chickpeas and carrots and shit, just slice them thinly and roast them.

You can also buy a whole lot of dried beans and pulses, cook them, and freeze them in bags to add to soups or sauces. I made a bolognese sauce a few hours ago with some urad dhal and kidney beans that I had frozen.

You can also try eat more kumara, that has fibre at least.

Also, if you go to an asian supermarket they have lots of snacks made of peas and beans and all that crap, theyre really good and are more protein packed than just bread.

To be honest though... I never really understood why people like to eat white carbs so much. I like white rice and all but that's only bcause multigrain rice is for criminals.

I don't like how white sandwich bread tastes, I like multigrain better (but wholemeal isn't that nice).

OMG I forgot that there was Hummus!
I'll make some tomorrow and eat it all!!!

Thanks Lil. I was hoping you'd be posting <3

[Image: tumblr_mi0wsp_CSR61rp9x2no1_500.jpg]

have fun and don't constipate!

If you want some meat instead of veggies sometimes, 'jerky' is really good.
My doctor told me, since Im diabetic, if I ever get the urge for red meat, to eat some beef jerky.

Its really good, one little bit of jerky will make me happy for a few weeks.

Nuts are good too. Almonds, cashews, pecans, pistachios...

Hummus? EEEEEWWWW!!!!!!!

I pretty much will eat anything, except entrails, brains, and non-standard food items.

But Hummus???? I tried that once, and it was gross. I mean, for one, its SO bland....tasted like wet, pureed cardboard. ICK.

If Im going to eat any kind of "dip" or "bean spread" it will be stuff like bean dip, guacamole, or sourcream and veggie dip, or re-fried beans.

That's normal. Our bodies are built to binge on carbs because it helped our ancestors survive.

Try to think of things that give you the same satisfaction as bread and eat that for dinner with a few slices of bread. May I suggest vegetable lasagna and tacos?

You can try almonds and other kinds of nuts and dried fruit to snack on.

Lol, I love hummus, but I usually get the ones with spices and flavors
in it like roasted red peppers with pine nuts.

Instead of regular potatoes, maybe you can try sweet potatoes?

Usually when I try to curb my carbs I make a bit more veggies or
greens on the side.

Lol I'm just going to do the no breakfast diet >.<

MisterTinkles Wrote:Hummus? EEEEEWWWW!!!!!!!

I pretty much will eat anything, except entrails, brains, and non-standard food items.

But Hummus???? I tried that once, and it was gross. I mean, for one, its SO bland....tasted like wet, pureed cardboard. ICK.

If Im going to eat any kind of "dip" or "bean spread" it will be stuff like bean dip, guacamole, or sourcream and veggie dip, or re-fried beans.

entrails are the best part!

mm tripe. mmm gizzards. OOh my favourite is tendons.