Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Fry - documentary about being gay
I don't make a lot of threads, I don't like to. But I felt this deserved a little attention, and I think a lot of folks here would dig it.

It's about the trials and difficulties that gay people face around the globe. It's very interesting and Stephen Fry is as engaging as ever.

Im watching it right now. The story of the young woman in Uganda who got raped was horrific... oh my god, it was the worst thing I've ever heard. I can't believe that happened to a person, that should never happen to people...

I'm a sucker for good documentaries,
and this one is no exception!

I watched Part 1 and 2.

Time well spent.

watching that made me realise that half the world is against me and who I am. o.o

If you think about it that's actually a really depressing thought. There are more than 80 countries where I'm technically against the law.

And there are some places in the world that are actually especially dangerous for me to go to.

I dunno, that documentary made me really depressed in the end. Maybe I'm supposed to take the message from that to be strong-headed like those people at the Ugandan clinic, or like the girl who was raped and stoically live through adversities.

I just feel that that doco only made me realise how much disapproved of and threatened gay people are in the world, and now I feel like I've won a fate lottery to be living here where at least I won't be hanged. But it kinda still sucks knowing all that.

that was really unpleasant.

It doesnt matter who or what you are..........half the world is against you for one reason or another.

Even if they have to make one up.

Thats just who THEY are!!!

Been watching it off and on. Yeah it's depressing, but it's a message that needs to get out. Because even though things are better than they have ever been for gays in some parts of the world, these things are going on right now and people need to avoid complacency.

I really love Stephan Fry's jabs at the ignorant, too. He's not aggressive to the point of coming off as stupid. He is as good a spokesperson as I could hope for I think.