Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dates.....Love them or Hate them?
[SIZE="3"]So, I see a lot of people on GS are talking about dates. How they either are good or bad, or have questions about them.

I dont really see that there would be any questions about dates, you either like them or you dont.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]
Personally, I love dates. [/SIZE]
Although I havent had one in a long time.
[Image: dates.jpg]

[Image: box-of-organic-medjool-dates-5kg-usa.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU3Of_hLXackU_XPQU8Yd...5QLn7fNGxg]

Heres what i think of dates Puke

I love medjools, haven't had any in awhile...time for me to get some more!

Thread reported. This is not a dating website.

Ah dates....

Brings to mind this article in the New Yorker from a couple weeks ago. It's very funny, give it a read.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2013/11/0...outs_novak

Wade Wrote:Ah dates....

Brings to mind this article in the New Yorker from a couple weeks ago. It's very funny, give it a read.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2013/11/0...outs_novak

Poor Jane.

I had a date this morning and it was good. They are terribly sweet and sticky, so I don't indulge much. Sugars tend to make my heart burn....

With the holidays coming up I will be getting more dates to make Honey/Nut/Date bread.

Here is a recipe, mine is slightly different as I will use half whole wheat and half cake flour, further instead of 3/4 cup oil I will use 3/4 cup prune puree and no brown sugar.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I had a date this morning and it was good. They are terribly sweet and sticky, so I don't indulge much. Sugars tend to make my heart burn....

With the holidays coming up I will be getting more dates to make Honey/Nut/Date bread.

Here is a recipe, mine is slightly different as I will use half whole wheat and half cake flour, further instead of 3/4 cup oil I will use 3/4 cup prune puree and no brown sugar.

If you take two capsules of powdered 100% licorice root 30 minutes before you eat anything that usually burns your stomach, it will help keep it from burning. Also helps with minor ulcers too.

Licorice root - Hmm. I think I may have some around here... I'll give it a try.

I think they're far too sweet to eat on their own. I've tried them on their own as a snack and they're just ridiculously sweet.

But I love love love dates with a mascarpone or ricotta filling. THe creaminess is very cooling.