Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My decision
The reason why I was so obsessed with the South is because I like things to be black and white, and geography is never black and white.

Well, almost never.

Everyone agrees that Chicago is in the Midwest. And since I already love Chicago, perhaps it's the best option for me to move to after I graduate. I'm sure I can find a job there.

Chicago has a certain element of nostalgia to me since it does share some characteristics with my home city, being that it is in the same region. Also, it has some characteristics of the East Coast, which I love as well.

My boyfriend lives in Evansville. If we are still dating, I am moving to live with him. But if not, I am going to Chicago and never looking back.

1. You look nothing like I thought you would. Stop it.

2. I'm glad to see you say your obsession "Was", past tense. Because who really cares? Things will continue to be what they are despite your acceptance of them... So there's no need to obsess over things. So it makes me happy that you don't seem to be quite as fixated now. Of course, the south will probably always be important to you, and that's okay.

3. You can make most anyplace your home, if you have people you love there, and a way to support yourself (whether it's actually you doing the supporting, or a boyfriend... I'm not on this forum to judge you even though I really do want to give my opinion on this). And think -- even if you don't live in the south, you can bring the culture you love with you into whatever home you live in, so you don't have to ever completely leave it behind, if you so choose not too.

I'm too tired to plane your arse tonight.

Bad choice... Seriously bad - but you are young and clearly need to make this mistake to learn since my advice ain't going to learn you nothing.

Good luck in this, it will not end well, but good fucking luck anyways.

BA, you and I need to have a talk about your language young Elf, cause clearly my absence has accelerated your naughty behavior, but I'm going to need you to leave the fucking to me and Miles, thanks <3
~

Any who, first of, girl you look like a cute version of Dudley from Harry Potter.

Okay, really, I am from an Island, we all know this, because I am proud of it and I let people know it, but the issue I think is being had, is that you are making it Black and White too much and whether that be for or because of your Autism or not, its the annoying factor.

Where I have my times in which I talk about it a lot, I don't say "My Island is the best" the end. I explain why and not for simple reasons in that its separate from America, that much is obvious.

Talk about the culture, try to relate its really not that difficult.

All we're seeing is;

"Cure for Cancer - Cause its the south"

Like your kinda just making it seem like its how the rest of the world should be.

I mean do whatever you gotta do, I'm just saying.

And for me personally, I would never move to some other place and try to emulate or rep that place, cause its not where I'm from or how I was raised.

Someone told me its cause Americans don't have like a set culture or something, so moving and adapting to a new place aink hard, but for me, its an insult to my culture and the new one I'd be moving into.

"Hola, Como estad",(or w/e) while clearly I'm not Spanish/Mexican and do not speak that language. Do would be kinda insulting to them.

Learn a language, but don't claim it yours Lol.

I don't know I guess that's just me. Because were so small, we tend to hold on strongly to our culture/ways.

1. Kumawool: His obsession has not ended, he has just transposed it to another region.

2. Sylph, sorry if I'm using way more profanity than I used to... fuck-it :biggrin:

Having 23 hours, a meal, a half decent nights rest and having thought about this way too much... I think, Johnny, you need to do whatever it is you need to do and let life teach you that nothing is really black and white. Everything is about shades of grey.

To make this worse for you, and forgive me if everyone thinks this is me taunting and teasting, but Nope. Chicago is NOT in the midwest. It is in Yankeedom.

[Image: map_custom-7636b2427382cc547b583285526a2...40-c85.jpg]

For more information: http://www.npr.org/2013/11/11/244527860/...m=facebook

So how does that rest in your black and white world?

If he's living in The South.......then it pretty much IS all "black" and "white" here.
In more ways than one!!!!

[Image: racist1.gif]
http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-conten...acist1.gif

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:[Image: racist1.gif]
http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-conten...acist1.gif

Obviously, you have never lived in The South. EVERYTHING is racist here.
Just ask Paula Deen!!!

I can neither confirm nor deny if I have ever lived there.

But lets say I didn't choose the GIF image I choose if I didn't have a clue about the facts of life down yonder.

Arkansota Wrote:The reason why I was so obsessed with the South is because I like things to be black and white, and geography is never black and white.

Well, almost never.

Everyone agrees that Chicago is in the Midwest. And since I already love Chicago, perhaps it's the best option for me to move to after I graduate. I'm sure I can find a job there.

Chicago has a certain element of nostalgia to me since it does share some characteristics with my home city, being that it is in the same region. Also, it has some characteristics of the East Coast, which I love as well.

My boyfriend lives in Evansville. If we are still dating, I am moving to live with him. But if not, I am going to Chicago and never looking back.

If you prefer Northern to Southern US, would you insult and slap yourself? :biggrin: