Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old?
There has been a little discussion in another thread about age and being old...

So here is my question

You had the choice to live FOREVER but you had no control over your life or health.

Would you chose to die young and miss a huge part of life or chose to live forever.

Experiencing bad health I have thought of ending it a few times but even with half a life I enjoy living too much so I would chose to live forever.

Hey babe,

Quote:(If) you had the choice to live FOREVER but you had no control over your life or health.

That's a really interesting question ... I would choose to live forever I think, on the basis that whatever ailments I came down with would ultimately be curable ... I'm reading "no control over your life" as "no more control that you're able to exert right now" ?

I think there are times when most of us have wished the earth would just swallow us whole, or that we didn't have to wake up again ... but it's the drive in us to beat the odds that keeps us going, and gives us hope that there is a brighter future ahead of us ...

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I'm useless at these kind of questions. Limitations like that never make sense to me :redface:. I can never see anything as an either/or option. Sometimes I think life would be so much easier if I could ...

Both of them have their advantages and disadvantages.
Of course living forever, things are gonna run down / age over time, which means that eventually you will lose use of your legs, joints will constantly ache / hurt etc. etc. and while none of that is life threatening, it will make life very uncomfortable.

The question then becomes will you enjoy life as much when you're reliant on other people just to do a simple chore or part of your daily routine?

I think if I were asked the question I'd choose to not answer and let my life run its normal natural course.

A sage response indeed Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:but it's the drive in us to beat the odds that keeps us going, and gives us hope that there is a brighter future ahead of us ...

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

so true Pump

I'd choose to die young, however young that may be.

This is simply for the fact that I would gradually die inside as I watched everyone I'd ever formed a close relationship with pass away and leave me.

At the end of the day, society is going down the pan and, if all the hype is to be believed, so is the planet itself. Cynically, I would only expect this to get worse and who the Hell wants to be around to watch the planet ultimately devour itself?

Dan

x

Gay Wrote:I'd choose to die young, however young that may be.

This is simply for the fact that I would gradually die inside as I watched everyone I'd ever formed a close relationship with pass away and leave me.

At the end of the day, society is going down the pan and, if all the hype is to be believed, so is the planet itself. Cynically, I would only expect this to get worse and who the Hell wants to be around to watch the planet ultimately devour itself?

Dan

x

It's interesting how I, when originally considering how I'd answer this question, found myself thrown back to my childhood and my dreams of the acquisition of power, wealth and dominion over the planet ...

... but you're right - if it's just going to be a burnt-out ball of rock in the fullness of time, where's the point ??

*scratches his chin and goes off into deep, deep thought*.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:*scratches his chin and goes off into deep, deep thought*.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

having a good think huh Wink

I wouldn't like to live forever, so would rather die young. Life is precious and it would be a waste to die young, but I think it would be almost like a curse to live forever.

And once you're dead, well you're not gonna know anything more anyway.

Live life to the full whilst your alive.

Yup - had to think about it many, maaaaaaany times ... xx

And you might be right about the curse bit ... bit's an extreme scenario to be placed in :frown:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!