Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with my plumbing!
When the washing machine is on, the water comes up from the plug hole into the sink.... also im looking to get laid....

Though seriously why is it doing that, is it... normal?? Ive never had one of my own until recently, the water wouldnt go back into the machine would it ??

Are your drains blocked?

Sound like your drainage is blocked, mad owl, water is definitely not supposed to go back to the machine

stu Wrote:Are your drains blocked?

No, its only when the washing machine is on, water comes up into the sink, in the kitchen, it comes up a few inches then goes down. It does it about 3 times in a 90 minute cycle.

southbiochem Wrote:Sound like your drainage is blocked, mad owl, water is definitely not supposed to go back to the machine

Thats what i thought, i dont think its going back in the machine, but some comes up the plug hole then drains away, it doesnt last long or overflow.

Sounds like your main has a partial clog. It can handle the flow from draining a sink, but not the flow from draining the washing machine.

I doubt it is going back into the wash machine as the water is pumped out and is under greater pressure at the machine Furthermore the typical design of plumbing is to have the pipe that the hose from the wash machine a tad higher than the drains of sinks on that floor/level.

Since I don't have a layout of your house (My Private Investigator is having trouble picking your door locks - meh - I need to hire a new one) I can't fathom the layout of your plumbing. IF the kitchen is next to the laundry room, then it is a common pipe between laundry room/area and the kitchen that is semi-clogged. Frankly I always view sharing laundry facilities with kitchen sink to be an all around bad idea when it comes to the sewage/drainage - kitchen gives you grease and food debris, the wash-machine is tossing out lint (think your dryer is bad, wait until you see how much lint your wash-machine dumps).

If water is coming up from the bathtub, or the toilet bowl, or the toilet bowl water moves and sloshes and bubbles a little, then the problem is further down the line.

The Wash machine hose should be going into a pipe behind the washer. Is that pipe sealed tot he hose, or does the end of the hose just kind of sit there? If the hose kinda sits there and water isn't flowing back up out of it, then you do not have water flowing back to the washer - yet - if you don't attend this soon I fear you are going to do laundry one day and have a hella mess to clean up.

Most likely all you need is a rotor rooter (professional snaking) of the line. Break through whatever is clogging the line.

He wants laid also so rotor rooter would do both jobs.

Welcome to home ed. lesson No 69

Partial blockage.
Pour boiling water mixed with detergent down the sink several times over a week or so

If no joy, use a plunger, If no joy, turn plunger the other way round and use it to get laid

Can use a pressurised drain un-blocker, comes in a aerosol type can.

DO NOT USE THIS DEVICE TO GET LAID!:eek: Hell :eek:

One good squirt should clear the partial blockage

Long term, especially in winter, pour boiling H2O frequently down the drain. Most partial blockages are congealed fat.

Thanks guys, tonight im going to do what trial said about the plunger and tommoro im going to have a look at the machine...

Bowyn, no problems with the toilet bowl or anything in the bathroom, theres no laundry room, just a kitchen and the sink is neighbour to the washer, i also feel its a bad idea, i,ll get back to you about the hose.