Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking my bf to merry me
I have a question, I want to ask my bf to merry me. Should I get an engagement ring or what? Is that the right thing to get another guy? He is the "feminine "type.. What should I do.?

WOW....

first, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Confusedmile:

Second, that depends, you know him very well (better than us, anyway):

Regardless if he's a feminine guy, is he the kind of guy that would go nuts over such a thing?

If he is, go for it...go all the way

I wish you all the happiness you 2 can get

Good!!! Welcome to GS!

You know your bf better than us! XD Definitely.
You can do the propose when you're doing something unusual, or during a normal dinner, after a cinema, the visit of an Art Gallery or during a weekend out.
What does he like?
I think the ring is ok, is something with a strong symbolism.
Or a particular thing that binds you two. ;-)
Does he like traditional things? It means, do you think he will appreciate the ring or prefer something stranger?
I didn't understand the thing about being feminine...

;-) I wish the best to you and your bf!!!

Him being feminine isn't going to change the whole idea of getting married, both men and women like to get married when they're in love (or even if they hate marriage itself, they do enjoy the idea of being together with someone they love very much).... something interesting, I've noticed in weddings I've attended that men seem to be more emotional than women! So I'm not really changing my answer based on femininity.

The reality is that marriage being a good thing is probably dependent on how much he loves you/vice versa, along with quite a few other factors--- I'm assuming for the purpose of this reply that he DOES love you, and you've considered the pros and cons because you're thinking about getting married !

In reply, yes, you could consider engagement rings. They make a spoken promise of getting married physical, and when he wears his ring it will be like he has the promise of marriage, and your love, physically with him.

You do have some simple questions, such as what kind of ring you can afford, will it be personal/symbolize something, will you buy outright or in payments, how to get his ring size, what kind of ring would he like, etc. etc. Rings for men tend to be more of a band, like the traditional golden band, but they're becoming more progressive and original these days, so you can put a lot of thought into them. Some people also dislike rings that are made using unfair extraction methods, such as the diamonds in blood diamond. If that matters to you, you could consider that too... essentially, getting a ring can be simple, but the customization involved can make it an event you can enjoy if you'd like.

And, because I'm starting to sound like I'm trying to sell you a ring, consider if marriage and engagement is what you want. I know you probably have, but just go and do it again. If you're putting this much money and effort into an engagement and marriage, you hopefully are going to get it right.

It makes me happy when people talk about getting married... ... Usually. In this case I'm happy.

For the record darling, not every feminine man, or women for that matter like flowers, rings and all that. Its sweet, but really is a stereotype in and of itself ;3

While I Personally do not believe in Marriage for me, I think its something you would have to gauge with your partner. Like the others said, we dont know him ;3'.

However as for the ring, it should most definitely be fine, but if I were to get married, I would just appreciate something other than a ring, because I dont find Material things to be equivocal to an Emotion. Nostalgia and what not, but not love and happiness. It hold that symbolism, but does not express it to me.

Again thats just me, I do realize i am a very odd person lol, but honestly, all you really should be concerned about is if he says yes or not.

So long as your genuine and in love with him and him with you, than what you get him and where/how you do it shouldnt matter so much as why you are doing it and the conviction behind your feelings ^·^ .

I hope you sweep him off his feet. Coffee

Um......exactly how does one get "merried"?

MisterTinkles Wrote:Um......exactly how does one get "merried"?

[Image: christmas-cheer.jpg]

Shiner Wrote:[Image: christmas-cheer.jpg]
Euugh santa... The one at the local mall use to be my uncle..... 'Oh oh oh mary Christmas josh' The fat man would say
I never got to that mall during Xmas now.

OM FUCKING G
I missed out ons sayin CONGRATUMATORILATIONS!
That is CON-GRAD-YOU-MAH-TORI-LAY-SHINS

Shiner Wrote:[Image: christmas-cheer.jpg]

I thought everybody wanted to go down on the North Pole???!!!!

Quote:Merry:

ˈmerē/
adjective
adjective: merry; comparative adjective: merrier; superlative adjective: merriest
cheerful and lively.

Marry:

Search Results

mar·ry1
ˈmarē/
verb
verb: marry; 3rd person present: marries; past tense: married; past participle: married; gerund or present participle: marrying

1. 1.
    join in marriage.
    "I was married in church"
    synonyms:get/be married, wed, be wed, become man and wife; Moreinformaltie the knot, walk down the aisle, take the plunge, get spliced, get hitched, say “I do”;
    datedplight/pledge one's troth
    "the couple married last year"

2. 2.
    cause to meet or fit together; combine.
    "the two halves are trimmed and married up"

So aside from getting a better dictionary, or better spelling which appears to be a theme to beat on tonight....

I would suggest ASKING your SO what it is he imagines in how a guy would propose marriage to him.

His insight is far more important than ours.

I frankly don't believe in marriage as a whole. Thus I would most likely be less than thrilled with the traditional offerings of the three largest sheep of thy father's flock and a male ram. Or whatever the modern dowry offering is. I find 'traditional' methods of soul bonding to be offensive regardless of the genders involved.

I don't know your partner's views, he may take great offense to ritualized 'traditional' bowing to ancient practices which mean absolutely positively nothing to this society where divorce is readily available... (see where this leads?)

So ask him what his dream proposal would be - then 2-3 weeks later propose to him in that manner.