Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an unfortunate incident with the hair dye..
IT WASN'T MY FAULT! I SWEAR IT!

It was late! I was tired! THE LINES BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG AND INSANITY WERE BLURRED!

So in dyeing my hair jet black I got some dye on the edges of my face.. left it there a bit too long.. and now I look like I've been beaten up Cry

Anyone else ever have anything like this happen? *hopes he isn't the only one* :redface:

tapalapadapa Wrote:IT WASN'T MY FAULT! I SWEAR IT!

It was late! I was tired! THE LINES BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG AND INSANITY WERE BLURRED!

So in dyeing my hair jet black I got some dye on the edges of my face.. left it there a bit too long.. and now I look like I've been beaten up Cry

Anyone else ever have anything like this happen? *hopes he isn't the only one* :redface:

I dont know if they still do this at the salons but you are suppose to use vaseline around the skin on your hairline...

I wanted to lighten my hair one afternoon. This was while I was living in Japan. I have dark hair but Japanese have really BLACK hair and it is really a lot thicker than mine... So Yoji suggests using a hairdryer to get it to react faster.

BAD IDEA. I had sun burst hair. It was the worse color imaginable. Not exactly orange or red or yellow... just horrible. Yoji made me go to the drug store with him. I was sooo embarrassed and I had to be at work in a couple hours. We got it back to a somewhat normal brown...

I have an even better story about something Yoji did to his hair but someone will have to send me a hug to get it out of me...

fjp999 Wrote:... I have an even better story about something Yoji did to his hair but someone will have to send me a hug to get it out of me...
BighugBighugBighug

More hugs for Frankie! Bighug Bighug Bighug Bighug Bighug

definitely more hugs BighugBighugBighugBighugBighugBighug

Hugs for FJP comin right up...

Bighug Bighug Bighug Bighug Bighug Bighug Bighug Bighug

Bighug
I guess we'll
Bighug
just have to
Bighug
wait till
Bighug
Frank connects
Bighug
at midnight
Bighug
tonight!!!
Bighug

Wow, PA, ya got some esp there...

Ok, so I can tell Yoji that you hugged it out of me...

I hope that it will be worth it... thanks for the hugs all

OK, this must have been like 1978 or so. Japan, as you may know, is extremely conservative. What is the saying "The nail that sticks out get banged down" or something like that... it is very true in Japan especially around that time.

Yoji is a brilliant artist with a mind of his own. It really is amazing that such talent came come out of such strong conformity. Yoji was nearly thrown out of school (elementary thru high school) and his mother neared many nervous breakdowns due to the school calling so many times...

I believe that it was one day before the end of school but Yoji couldnt wait one fuc*ing day. He had to dye his hair - or maybe it was bleach it out. Now in 1978 the bleach was pretty intense... So he gets the job done but he cant go to school with blond hair.

These Japanese are serious about conformity. They actually bring out a ruler to measure hair length, pant length, where the collar meets the neck... just insanity. No way they arent gonna notice he has blond hair in a sea of black hair.

What to do??? What to do???

Shoe polish! Brilliant idea :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh, I forgot to mention that Yoji had shaved off his eyebrows also :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So back to the shoe polish. I suppose it was the kind that came in one of those little tins. Really heavy, black, black stuff. Yoji grabs a couple fingers of the crap and just spreads in thru his hair. I imagine his hair was somewhat short. I believe that he also used the shoe polish for his eye brows but it could have been a make-up pencil (eyeliner?).

Now it is summer and SUPER HOT AND HUMID!!! Yoji has to take the train. I dont know if you have ever been on a really really crowded train but in Japan there is no un-crowded train in the mornings or early evenings... full of students, salarymen, office girls. Yoji is in the middle of the train and it hits a bump in the track and everyone gets moved around a bit. Yoji hits his head on the back of this guys white dress shirt. Now the guy just thinks some kid hit the back of his head on his shirt... no big deal... everyone else notices that there is a huge black circle of shoe polish on the guys shirt. Of course in polite society no one said anything - just put their heads down Biggrinflip

God, I am sitting here thinking of the way Yoji told me this story and just giggling...

So Yoji gets to school. Again it is just horribly hot and humid. His hair is starting to melt :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and Yoji has to keep going to the bathroom to clean up his forehead and around his hairline. He also notices that his eyebrow is starting to droop Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1

He goes into a class and the teacher is doing his business and then notices something is really strange about Yoji. The teacher goes over to Yoji and suddenly wipes OFF half of Yojis eyebrow. I dont know how Yoji thought of this but he tells the teacher that he is studying Kabuki Cool which the teacher believes and he doesnt get in MORE trouble.

Unfortunately poor Yoji had to spend the rest of the day with melting hair and 1.5 eyebrows Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1

p.s. I was limited to 20 smilies???

fjp999 Wrote:... I hope that it will be worth it... thanks for the hugs all ...
Rofl
Oh, definitely worth it Biggrinflip

Haha! Fab story FJP :biggrin: