Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... we're supposed to like Nazis?
I started reading this book "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich." It's really interesting and I'm learning that Hitler was a major douche, who knew?

As I frequently do sometimes, I went over to goodreads.com and read what people had to say about it. There was a discussion on the site about the apparent homophobia expressed by the American author (it was written in 1960 and the author refers to certain Nazi generals as "homosexual perverts") and I came across this comment:

"Its merely journalism which obeys proper standards (e.g., without crazy PC sanitation going full force to make people feel comfy). If it was a time-warp, (convenient magic wand phrase) then gays today would not still be dressing up in Nazi regalia. I hope you know that this is still a part of gay culture, you can't be that sheltered, right?"

The point of this thread is to ask... since when is Nazi regalia associated with gay culture? I like the think of myself as a reasonably gay man, and I've never felt the itch to get my Nazi on. Perhaps some the more experienced folk around here can enlighten me on this apparent aspect of my identity. Do you guys know where I can get a good Nazi outfit for cheap? I have finals right now and adding one more thing on my list of to-do's is really stressing me out. Thanks.

source: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/897092-anti-gay

It is interesting isn't and they did make some good uniforms Big Grin and yes Hitler was an absolute arse, I did make a thread last week about the apparant connection with Nazism & gays and the book "the pink swastika"

What is his reasoning?
Gays refuse girls entering into us, maybe it's like a signboard "no jews" in the front of shops?

Maybe mention that Hitler terminated sexual minorities along with the jews, disabled, etc.? That homosexual men were labelled for destruction in concentration camps with a downward pink triangle? And, not only were pensions and restitution available to most groups denied to homosexuals, but homosexuality remained a crime for a time after nazi germany was dismantled. Consequently, for many years afterwards historians did not consider the torture that gay men endure (see; fingernails pulled out, beating, execution) as relevant to their documentation.

How absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Nazi Germany was a friend of LGBTs.

Perhaps people with these opinions might conduct some reading. Suggestions include,

1) a Google search
2) An Underground Life: Memoirs of a Gay Jew in Nazi Berlin.
3) Liberation Was for Others: Memoirs of a Gay Survivor of the Nazi Holocaust
4) I, Pierre Seel, Deported Homosexual: A Memoir of Nazi Terror
5) Men With the Pink Triangle: The True, Life-And-Death Story of Homosexuals in the Nazi Death Camps.

To put it simply, it's offensive to suggest that gay people were nazis, in the same way in which it would be offensive to suggest that jews are nazis.

As I have stated in other threads, just because some brain dead dickweek douche gets a book published, does NOT mean its truth or that it happened, or that it is reality, or even matters.

As in the words of Mr. Wade, I would love to be able to "get my Nazi on". I know of about 30 or so pieces of crap from today alone I wouldnt mind shoving in an oven.

There ARE however, gay skinheads and gay NeoNazi's.

Gay Aryan Skinheads United (G.A.S.H.)
I think its moronic that they have "United" as an "H" in their acronym.

Apparently this guy is a "famous" gay NeoNazi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Crane

[Image: the-more-you-know-o.gif]

Generally speaking only extreme Christians (the bad kind) believe that. They're the same people to say the Nazis were consciously trying to destroy Christianity despite all the speeches, credit given to God, medals saying "God is with us," and the long tradition (as of that time) of German Lutherans hating on both Catholics & Jews in honor of Luther (among other things). It wouldn't surprise me if they also believe the spells in Harry Potter are real.

That said, I have encountered gays who love the Nazi lifestyle...but they're as much part of the gay culture as straight Nazis are of the mainstream culture, that is to say very rare and not particularly relevant (you'll always find an exception to the rule if you look hard enough). Oh, and the gay male Nazis believed lesbians were the lowest form of life (especially Jewish lesbians), but otherwise women were for breeding and sex with other manly men was for fun and bonding. And they seemed to me to actually worship Rome more than Nazi Germany though they did revere one particular Nazi officer (whom they believed to be gay), and I'm not even sure they liked Hitler.

Woollyhats Wrote:To put it simply, it's offensive to suggest that gay people were nazis, in the same way in which it would be offensive to suggest that jews are nazis.

Obviously, yes.

Today, I fell randomly on a youtube video (very dark humour about holocaust, in fact, humour, I don't care...in some case, it even makes things better), and the Youtubers comments, the mayor part was or saying that all jews deserved that, or that holocaust didn't exist...
I'm ashamed of being a human sometimes.

Ekwarph Wrote:or that holocaust didn't exist...

I mean really!!!! There are photos, documents, and even a few living people who were in the camps. And they still say it never happened.

I would shove them in an oven and say "hey, its not happening"!!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:I mean really!!!! There are photos, documents, and even a few living people who were in the camps. And they still say it never happened.

I would shove them in an oven and say "hey, its not happening"!!!

"But you know, jews are liars"
"It's a conspiracy!"
It's probably less the case in the US, but hatred toward jews is quite common in Europe unfortunately.

And paradoxically, it's on a Gay forum (a french kind of Gayspeak) where I experimented the most violent antisemitic attacks (and also paradoxically it was related to my family and holocaust...fuck logic! :biggrin: ).

[SIZE="4"]As attested by Dr L.D. Claassen von Neudegg
[/SIZE]
Quote:After roll call on the evening of June 20, 1942, an order was suddenly given: "All prisoners with the pink triangle will remain standing at attention!" Our detail commander barked: "Three hundred criminal deviants, present as ordered!" We were registered, and then it was revealed to us that in accordance with an order from the Reichsfuehring SS, our category was to be isolated in an intensified- penalty company, and we would be transferred as a unit to the Klinker Brickwords the next morning. The Klinker factory! We shuddered, for the human death mill was more than feared. ... Forced to drag along twenty corpses, the rest of us encrusted with blood, we entered the Klinker works. ... We had been here for almost two months, but it seemed like endless years to us. When we were "transferred" here, we had numbered around 300 men. Whips were used more frequently each morning, when we were forced down into the clay pits under the wailing camp sirens. "Only 50 are still alive," whispered the man next to me. "Stay in the middle — then you won't get hit so much."

I'm not exactly sure how people like the person who made that comment on goodreads or Scott Lively get their pseudo-historical ideas that gays some how collectively became united in a single-consciousness and schemed WWII.