Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooo... (Nth degree)
The Rehab center has sent Bob to Hospital with a stage 4 pressure sore.

As you may recall that when he went to that rehab center from here he had a stage one pressure sore, one that kept me waking up every 3-4 hours each night so I could go an turn him. While it was a watery blister when he came home from hospital from my diligence in turning him at nighht and moving him about every two hours during the day, I managed to get that watery blister to lose its water without breaking.

And that bed sore was caused by 9 days in the hospital where they all but killed the man.

This 'care' facility knows he is diabetic and promised me that they would keep turning him. They lied.

Apparently Tuesday night he 'fell' out of bed. With all of this great and wonderful care he has not been given I have to wonder which staff member I have to walk to their car to make certain they don't accidentally 'fall' several dozen times on the way to the car.

Furthermore, they waited three days on an infection in catheter. Three fucking days. Rolleyes

Come to find out that they didn't start pressure sore care immediately as they said they would when we took him in at 1:30 am in the goddamned morning. They waited to weeks - which is a brand new story since I asked the following afternoon when I went back to check up on him if they started the bedsore treatment. They all fucking lied to me.

I have had the flu since last year, being contagious I have done the right thing and not infected a nursing home with H1N1 - as a thinking, humane person would do. Unfortunately during my absence of not hounding those damned idiots on a daily basis they have wrecked the man.

I am so pissed right now. I can't sleep, can't eat - I want to go down to that facility and kick every single staff member squarely in the ass with my steel toed boots, then turn around and beat them with my cane.

So Bob is in hospital and is going into surgery Friday to deal with the stage 4 bed sore. And they have no idea what to do with the bad infection caused by the catheter.

I swear where ever I take him for medical help they make things hella worse.

Rolleyes

The older I get the more I hate healthcare.

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. If you don't have any relatives or friends to check-up on you daily at the hospital or nursing home, you are likely to be neglected (especially when you are elderly and unable to do things for yourself)

I can tell you stories that I've seen and heard about the elderly in hospitals and nursing homes, but I don't want to scare the younger folks on this forum.

Sincerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I can't sleep, can't eat

And this will accomplish what exactly? Getting yourself to be as bad a Bob?

Sadly you can't fight incompetence and negligence everywhere..

The siblings are to be hold as responsible as the medical staff...where are they to take care of the parent?

Take a moment to realize you can't fight everything on your own....

Some things you just can't help..at some point his ilnesses will grant him the bill. Sure, it will be less infuriating if it's due to anything else than outside negligence, but it's going to happen nevertheless

Jim, others have been visiting Bob - Granted not every single day, but as time permits. Its not like we put Bob in there and walked away.

The only reason why I haven't been around there in 2 weeks is because I carry the flu. Of course if I was as careless and uncaring as the staff I could have went and visited every patient and kissed them.:eek:

South - Well what battles do I fight then? I don't seem to win any that is for sure.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:South - Well what battles do I fight then? I don't seem to win any that is for sure.

You're approaching things as if a battle was needed...this is mistaken

my point is, you do what you can..

take care of Bob in the extent that you can and then, there's pretty much little you can you do influence others.

Above all take care of yourself, you won't be good to anyone half-dead

Good grief they completely neglected him.
It's been a long time since I worked as an R.N. but for goodness sake an infection left for three days.
Have things changed that much that they no longer do rounds every hour?

My God this is aged care not Gods waiting room .
If I were you I would be complaining to the Director of nursing and demand to see the nursing notes.
Did they even bother with neuro obs after his fall?

No Neuro Obs. Least ways not at this facility.

Supposedly at hospital they promised to do better. Pfft.

Tomorrow morning he goes in to have the bed sore deal with. Its on his tailbone - a great place. From there is he supposed to be moved into a facility that specializes in bed sore recovery for bed bound patients.

I guess I will just have to go each and every day, move him, exercise him and tell the nurses exactly how their jobs should be done from here on out. Clearly these professional just don't give a flying rats ass that they are dealing with with a human being, not a piece of meat.

Sadly, this is all typical of American Health Care. Perhaps one of the many reasons it ranks BELOW Cuba at #37 on the WHO list of best health care provided by nation.

I clicked on this to see what it was about....

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!

Damn, shit, and hell!!!!!

I hope you have filed grievances with the state, the medical associations, and the federal government!!!

That is up to his family to do, I'm sorta hamstrung since I am not legally a representative of his.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:That is up to his family to do, I'm sorta hamstrung since I am not legally a representative of his.

You can still file complaints about the incompetency of these morons.
Doesnt matter if you are related or not, you are a caretaker.

At least they will be on file for the crap they did.

You can also file a complaint on http://www.complaintsboard.com.
This is a worldwide complaint forum.