Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't some people correctly (IMO) dress a salad?
The leafy greens are the star of the salad and that should be the primary flavor you taste. If your salad tastes like dressing with a little bit of lettuce/spinach flavor, you overdressed it.

In my college cafeteria, I see people who overdress their salads to the point that it's absolutely disgusting. Ew.

Dressing goes a very long way- A couple large drops of dressing is sufficient. If your salad is covered with dressing, it's definitely way overdressed.

That being said, this is just my opinion. If people want to dress salads incorrectly (the way I see it) that's up to them.

You should make fliers and post them around the cafeteria.

Arkansota Wrote:...college cafeteria...

That's why.

This is just a minor pet peeve of mine. Dressing is only good to me if it is applied sparingly. Heavily dressed salads border on inedible judging by my palate.

Yeah i agree, nothing worse than a wet bowl of salad sloshing around in the stuff...

I don't like creamy type of dressings like ranch, bluecheese.. etc.. on
my salad.

I like the vinaigrettes more, so a little goes a long way. A couple
spoon fulls into my plastic container with my salad and shake and it
does the trick..

wow! it would suck to be in your head if this irritates you.

Just saying.

justbry87 Wrote:I don't like creamy type of dressings like ranch, bluecheese.. etc.. on
my salad.

I like the vinaigrettes more, so a little goes a long way. A couple
spoon fulls into my plastic container with my salad and shake and it
does the trick..

I like Thousand Island because it's mostly sweet and just a little bitter. The vinaigrettes are just way too aggressive for me. I don't get why people like them :/

Arkansota Wrote:The vinaigrettes are just way too aggressive for me. I don't get why people like them :/

..what can I say, I like to live dangerously.

This is the first time I've heard the term "dressed salad" and reading it kind of gives me a violent urge to kill myself... I can't explain exactly why.