Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popular foods you find disgusting
Ok, I recently read a news article of how "nutella" flavored spreads are the "rage" worldwide.

That got me to thinking about all the popular stuff that people "ooooo" and "aaaahhh" over, but not everyone thinks it is what people claim it to be.

For example: Nutella

People I have worked with, talked too, been friends with, all LOOOOOOOOVE this stuff, and swear by it. I have been told for YEARS that Nutella is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than using butter or peanutbutter on EVERYTHING!

So, last year, I decided to give it a taste. I got a sample of it and tasted it.
DISGUSTING! One of the most disgusting foods I have ever put in my mouth. And if you really know me, you would know I rarely say any food is disgusting. But this stuff is just rank!!! I cannot even describe the taste, it was SOOOOOOOOO extremely awful!!!!

I guess if I HAD to describe it.......I would have to say it tastes like cheap chocolate powder, with ground cardboard, mixed with raw sewage water.

The same thing with Hummus. I'm sorry, I don't see how this is a "treat" of any kind!!!!
It tastes like....well, its just pretty much tasteless........but what I do taste of it, it's like vomit mixed with dirt and sawdust. Nasty!!

[Image: 5496691277_8cf69aa27d_o.jpg][Image: two-thumbs-down.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuKEntRpN_d7Yh2tPz-WJ...QS9tADM5Vg][Image: IMG_2596.JPG]

Anything popular in your country or around the world, that you find disgusting?

I so agree with you about Nutella. Everyone still raves about it. I really don't get it. It just isn't very good... and it resembles poop...

Just sayin!

As for other things. I know most people like / drink milk, but I find it disgusting. I can handle a bit in cereal.. or if it's in foods.. but to just drink it? No way. Ewww....

Foie Gras, goose liver, that shít is repulsing! It taste so freaking yucky! it taste like sewer!
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I love both Nutella and Hummus, I must like gross things.

but..

Velveeta is gross to me.

Alfalfa sprouts and other raw sprouts/legumes.

Seriously guys how can you eat such things. I can't even describe how foul raw legumes taste.

they just taste wrong... like eating something that grew on on poison ivy or something. Theyre metallic tasting, unpleasant bundles of horridness.

Cooked however, sprputs taste wonderful.

once my friend ate a whole bowl of raw peanuts and I couldnt understand how.

Lilitu Wrote:Alfalfa sprouts and other raw sprouts/legumes.

Seriously guys how can you eat such things. I can't even describe how foul raw legumes taste.

they just taste wrong... like eating something that grew on on poison ivy or something. Theyre metallic tasting, unpleasant bundles of horridness.

Cooked however, sprputs taste wonderful.

once my friend ate a whole bowl of raw peanuts and I couldnt understand how.

I like those too..

…jeez, what is wrong with me D:

Tyrion Wrote:I know most people like / drink milk, but I find it disgusting..

I have to agree with you about milk. I use it in my oatmeal. The other day I had some that was a week past the sell by date so I tasted it alone before wasting a bowl of oatmeal. It was okay, but I sure didn't drink more than a sip. Yech.

Haven't had Nutella in about 20 years so I can't remember what it tastes like. I have been noticing it in the stores a lot lately. After reading this I won't bother checking it out.

About goose liver - I like it, but it's not worth the price - goose, chicken, calf, pork, beef - they're all about as good as each other.

either oatmeal or cereal, otherwise milk is a vomit inducer to me

also, goat cheese is a big thing some places (here it is anyway, and France I suppose)

but for the life of me I will throw it up if I ever have to taste that again

brussel sprouts
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Aww i can't think of any...

But maybe milk... Though it's quite ironic that i've been bottle fed until 6 or even 7.

I also don't like beans...but recently i learned to just deal with it